Sign in to follow this  
key chain bass guy

Sportmanship

I saw this story on Yahoo, I would post a link but I am clueless as to how to do that.  So here is my recap.  Small college softball game, berth in the playoffs is at stake.  Home team comes up in the bottom half of the last inning down by two I think.  Girl hits a walk off three run homer, only problem is she blows out her knee rounding first base and can't stand up.  Obviously she needs to cross the plate in order for the run to count, teammates can't help her or she will be called out.  Two girls from the opposing team pick her up and carry her around the bases.  Wow! That's sportmanship.

I guess my recap wasn't exactly perfect but, I got the main idea anyway. Thanks for the link.

I think you were pretty much right on. I think the carrying her deal insured that she would get the one and only homerun of her life.

With the knee injury I think the carrying is even more important as the homerun is how she ends her softball carreer!

What a story. Goes to show you the younger genertion gets short changed in the reputation department.

great story. restores my faith in humanity.