Sign in to follow this  
Big T

Heat Wave

Ok, it usually gets pretty hot here in Southeastern NC but this is rediculous.  We set record highs this week; as it was anywhere from 95 -97 degrees. It got so hot yesterday and today that the, DOT had to have the Wrightsville Beach Fire Department spray the metal gridding on the draw bridge with water because the metal expanded and would not shut completely. And this birdge opens every hour to let boat traffic through.

We have set temperature records about 3 days straight here. (Just west of Winston Salem, NC.) I know how you feel.

P.S. I have family and friends living at Wrightsville and Oak Island.

We had two tournaments on Kerr Lake this weekend and man it was HOT!!! We also lost a lot of fish at the weigh-in. It really was to hot to fish. Hmmm I didn't think I would ever say that. :o

Ok, it usually gets pretty hot here in Southeastern NC but this is rediculous.  We set record highs this week; as it was anywhere from 95 -97 degrees. It got so hot yesterday and today that the, DOT had to have the Wrightsville Beach Fire Department spray the metal gridding on the draw bridge with water because the metal expanded and would not shut completely. And this birdge opens every hour to let boat traffic through.

Dude it is probably hooter where I am , heat index of 110.

I agree this heat wave is pretty annoying.

By the way Raul do not say a word because we are NORTH of the U.S. Mexican border. (no offence)

-seaorach

In RHODE ISLAND, according to weather.com it is 97 and feels like 106. A few Sundays ago it was in the low 40's upper 30's. ::)

Nothing like Wilmington at 105*.

I think my shoes melted onto the deck of the USS North Carolina.

It was 99 degrees today at 5:00 PM, Wrightsville Beach Fire Department had to spray the draw bridge for the 3rd day in row. I do not know what is going to happen in late July and August when it really gets hot. I hope they do not spray that bridge every hour when it goes up. So much for Gov. Easley's water conservation.

Big T

Ok, it usually gets pretty hot here in Southeastern NC but this is rediculous. We set record highs this week; as it was anywhere from 95 -97 degrees. It got so hot yesterday and today that the, DOT had to have the Wrightsville Beach Fire Department spray the metal gridding on the draw bridge with water because the metal expanded and would not shut completely. And this birdge opens every hour to let boat traffic through.

Dude it is probably hooter where I am , heat index of 110.

I agree this heat wave is pretty annoying.

By the way Raul do not say a word because we are NORTH of the U.S. Mexican border. (no offence)

-seaorach

Didn 't say nuthinh not because you guys being north to the US/ Mexican border, c 'mon guys ! just two days of 95-97 and all you can do is whine about it ? come on down here and spend with me March, April and May with 100 plus and then we can talk mano a mano and share experiences.   :D

Im so mad. I was in TX and it was about 95 the entire time I was there even when it was cloudy and raining. Here in CA it was about 65, then I come back and its 85. Figures.