Sign in to follow this  
Zel...

Thanks to all that donated and helped!

I finally got to fish with the Mudster over the weekend.  Tough day but we fooled a few.  And I discovered problems don't come in three's, they come in sixes (but that's another story).  Dominick wanted to pass on a big thank you to all those BassResource members who helped with the fishing & recovery program he is actively involved with.  Here it is, in his own words:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THANKS TO BassResource.com MEMBERS FROM THE GUYS

Hey Fellas; Thanks mostly to you, especially: Brent ( ***), Zel,  Alpster,  Speedbead, Long Mike and Risk Kid.  Our tackle giveaway was hugely successful. We also have to thank Glenn, for letting me post a request for tackle on his forums.

This year mostly because of many here, and a lot of personal friends, Bruce and I were able to set up the following people

A lady who works with me, who lost her fingers in an accident several years ago and can't use a bait caster. She now has a Spinning outfit.

A Father and Son, down on their luck

10 Guys either in recovery or fresh out of jail

All got rods and reels, tackle and tackle boxes.  And we had a 2 days camping and fishing trip, where (the highlight was) a dad and son, after years of hardship and personal tragedy, got to fish together for the first time.

Thank You All Much

Dominick, aka MUDDY

;D  ;D ;D  SALUTE!   ;D ;D ;D

8-)

I sure do miss his posts :(.

Zel, is it true that Muddy has received so many donations that he is now throwing new rods and reels overboard?

Y'all are doing something sincerely special.  Keep up the good work.

Tell Muddy we miss his.

Zel, is it true that Muddy has received so many donations that he is now throwing new rods and reels overboard?

Yeah LM... from what I understand the new technique is to cast your lure out, set the rod down, and wait until a fish grabs it and yanks the rod and reel out of the boat. I think its called the mook juke. We spent the beginning and end of the day looking for his setup with my Cabela's Advanced Anglers Underwater Camera. Saw lots of cool stuff, but unfortunately no rod and reel. It was interesting though to actually see what the depth finder picks up... and helps you to understand your depth finder a little better.

And I need lots more practice with a frog over matted pads. Four explosions and no hookups... pretty darn sad. Dom's tried his hardest not to laugh. He's going out Thursday and trying the frog.

Yup... the bouncies were his signature smilie.  

(And I understand he's going to Yankee stadium soon... but don't tell anyone.)  

Are the bouncies dedicated to muddy?  

No, the bouncies are owned by Muddy  8-).

Glad to see that the equipment was put to use for a good cause.

Muddy is a funny dude, no doubt. What most dont get to see is the heart of gold under the funny exterior.

I also want to add JIMZEE to that list of people that came through with equipment!!!!