Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Shark Week!

Anyone look forward to Shark Week on the Discovery Channel like I do? A week's worth of good TV. I love sharks.

Some random ramblings....

Anyone ever shark fish? I've caught quite a few Atlantic Sharpnose, a Dusky, some Sandbar and a Sandtiger or Lemon (couldn't tell exactly which in the dark - never boated it) in the Chesapeake Bay. Also I've caught several juvenile Blacktips off Oregon Inlet in NC.

Shark Week got me Googling and I found this interesting article about some Bull Sharks caught in the Mississippi in Minnesota! Imagain hauling up a Bull Shark while ice fishing...

Minnesota Sharks

Here's the results of my last shark encounter - last summer while mack fishing off NC. Courtesy of a Mako.

Anyone ever shark fish?  

uhhh, not on purpose.

allynsfish.jpg

I love shark week.  ;D

Shark week means that I can always find something on tv that I can at least tolerate, and will at least give me something to watch till that stupid tour de france thing is over. I get it, you guys can ride bikes for a really long time...now give me my fishing back

WOW!!!!! I AM AT THE BEACH RIGHT NOW AND ME AND MY LITTLE BROTHER WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT AND NEVER SEEN A 13YEAR OLD SCARED OF WATER LOL

Shark Week is the best.

Falcon

Yes, Shark Week is great and I watch part of it each night.

As for Bull Sharks, they are the only shark that can live in fresh water and they do swim in rivers.

Bull Sharks are also the number one man killer shark in the world.

When fishing in Louisiana for redfish and speckled trout we have reeled in half a fish when the sharks grabbed them when reeling them in.

We also caught a small Hammerhead in our shrimp and croaker nets when we were trolling for live croakers to fish for the speckled trout and redfish.

Never been fishing for sharks.  I have enough trouble catching a bass.  ;D

That article really got me thinking...

If they are in Minnesota, how many do you think are downstream?

Creepy.

Me and the wife just did some shark fishing in Hilton Head Island a month or so ago.

She hooked a BIG black tip that she fought for 15 min before the line snapped.  The guide was convinced it would have been his biggest black tip for the year.  But we'll never know :)

After catching a bunch off shore, we coasted back into some creeks to put my MH action spinning rod and 2500-sized Stradic to the test.  We had an AWESOME time putting about 4 ~15lb Shovel Nose sharks in the boat on that tackle.  Never seen my rod bend like that before :)