Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Little League World Series

Little League's Saturday semifinals are now set: Hawaii and Louisiana will square off in the U.S. final, while two unbeaten teams, Tokyo and Matamoros, Mexico, will play for the international title.

I watch the LLWS every year.  Can not get enough of those kids playing ball for just the thrill of playing.  The pure raw emotion and the intensity they bring to the game is unreal.

Wish some of the grown ups would remember it is just a game.  I have seen parents act like this is life or death, and the kids just lose interest.

I like Louisiana for the final, Mexico is gonna be a tough match up for anyone, If any of these teams have a breaking ball pitcher, nows the time to unleash him,Toyko would have their bats tied up

South Lake Charles's Kennon Fontenot vs. Mill Creek dominated on the mound with 15 strikeouts

South Lake Charles's Kennon Fontenot vs. Florida dominated on the mound with 11 strikeouts

South Lake Charles's Trey Quinn tosses no-hitter as Louisiana beats Indiana

His best pitch is a rising fastball, this can be a problem if they face Toyko. They still have to be able to hit him, I hope he has some kind of slider or breaking ball going, we have not seen yet.Good Luck Catt I am also rooting for them.

Louisiana maybe a big football state but a lot of great baseball players,particulalry pitchers have come from the bayou

The pros can learn and bit from these young folks about leaving everything on the field. TRUE SPORTSMAN

Quinn?

Quinn?

What type of Cajun name is Quinn?

Now Hebert is a good one.

But Quinn?

OK, I will still cheer for the boys from Louisiana and hope they can take the title.

Hot Boudin, Cold Cush-Cush,

Come on Lake Charles,

Push, Push, Push!

;D

Louisiana maybe a big football state but a lot of great baseball players,particulalry pitchers have come from the bayou

Hey Muddy have you ever gone to the LLWS?

Louisiana's couch pulls the winning pitcher with a pitch count left for a reliever who had struggled his last two outing.

Catt, I watched the game,, I was in shock about the timing of pulling the pitcher.  The coach must have lost the timing or something...... the reliever never had a chance.

That was the absolute dumbest call by a coach, Quinn was several pitches under the mandatory 85 pitch limit and could have gotten a couple more outs if not three. The entire city of Lake Charles is still scratching their heads this morning.

Hey Catt, that is the toughest call a manager has to make, especially with a young still growing arm. He was definitley fatigued, and would have been needed to pitch the final, if needed. I can't tell you the amount of blown arms I have seen , never making it to college or the pros. The issue is IT ONLY TAKES ONE PITCH, and an arm can be ruined forever, especially true with kids under 21-23. He knew his pitcher, and 85 or not, he protected his young pitcher, and had to save him for at least a relief apperance in the final. Tell your buddies to stop scatching their heads, and go great those home town heros when they come back.

No I  have never been there and I live just a little over an hour away

I hope that coach knows his players better then you guys do. Give em a big WELCOME HOME and don't second guess.