Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

Who you fellas looking at for National League Manager of the Year

LOU PINELLA:SLAM DUNK!

I would bet  Jerry Manuel  will garner a few votes, and not because I am a Mets fan, you have to look at what he did WITH THE SAME PERSONEL that Willie had before he left.

I'd say its Sweet Lou. He would be the sentimental choice with being 65yrs old and all.

You make a great case for Manuel. I guess that Willie no facial hair think didn't go over too well.

Let's not forget what Tony La Russa has done in St Louis this year.  They lost all their good pitchers to trades and injury.   Pujols was the only known quantity left in the lineup.  Everyone expected them to be near the bottom of the division including me.  The guy does it every year.  I would include him in any list of candidates.

LaRussa does that every year though.....it's expected from him and no real surprise when it happens. He'll get some votes but I think Piniella walks with this years trophy.

Let's not forget what Tony La Russa has done in St Louis this year. They lost all their good pitchers to trades and injury. Pujols was the only known quantity left in the lineup. Everyone expected them to be near the bottom of the division including me. The guy does it every year. I would include him in any list of candidates.

La Russa will get some votes, no doubt but PINELLA IS MAKING HISTORY!

I'm not saying La Russa should win it.  I just said don't forget him.  And the fact that he does it every year makes him more deserving of the award, not less, in my eyes.  However, my choice would be Joe Maddon of the Rays.  Piniella has lots of talent in Chicago.  I think he has done a good job but others have performed well with a lot less talent.  There are quite a few managers who could make history with that team.

I'm not saying La Russa should win it. I just said don't forget him. And the fact that he does it every year makes him more deserving of the award, not less, in my eyes. However, my choice would be Joe Maddon of the Rays. Piniella has lots of talent in Chicago. I think he has done a good job but others have performed well with a lot less talent. There are quite a few managers who could make history with that team.

WRONG LEAUGE! Rays in the AL, and Madden is gonna probablly get it there. Cubs are in the NL. They give out one for each league. I never bought the argument that the manager with the best players has it an easier than those with mediocre players See NY METS last year, best bull pen, lead in many offensive catagoories and big names, and they watched the play offs and series on TV

La Russa has been through it, Torre has been through it and God knows Cox has been through it.

my mistake.  Come on, Ed, read the title to the thread!

No problem big Ed, at our age these sort of things just seem to happen a bit more often ;D