Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

slipknot's newest...

Pretty much their standard album. A good mix of thumping and quality vocals.

Don't know if it will measure up to The Subliminal Verses, but so far I like the first two tracks quite well. The first ballad is nice as well.

Listened to it online last night and I am disapionted. Much softer than most of their other stuff. The lead singer already has Stone Sour no need to make a record with half Stone Sour hald Slipknot music. The music was good, but most of it wasn't up to Slipknot's standards. They will never be able to produce another album like their S/T. The one thing that made that album good was all the samples that were in it and the extra percussion.

Burley - wait until you hear the rest of the album, if you are into their harder stuff you will probably be disappionted.

Burley, is "Psychosocial" on that album?

I heard it quite a few times on Sirius last weekend.  Pretty good stuff, as usual....

I think it continues in the direction of Subliminal versus...which is good in my opinion...I think its really good and has cool dynamics in the songs,  Heavy and not so heavy,  good balance

I think htey have gone downhill since IOWA. Their self titled is a heavy music fan must have imo.

I don't like the milder direction they have taken. I like my metal raw, heavy, screaming, growling and spitting. No sing songy BS needed.

That said, they put on one hell of a live show. Last one I went to though, there were more fans of the opening bands than of Slipknot, that says something for what the metal heads think of their new direction.

Burley+Slipknot=enjoyment? I had no idea.

Burley, is "Psychosocial" on that album?

I heard it quite a few times on Sirius last weekend. Pretty good stuff, as usual....

That it is, track 4.  I wasn't impressed with the first time through the album.  Now after listening to it the past 3 days to, and from work (1hr each way) it is starting to grow on me.  Not close to Subliminal though.