Sign in to follow this  
avid

Who's trying Google's new browser?

Just started using it now, seems pretty good so far.  ask me in a few days. :)

im on it now. im a computer networking engineer i can tell you 100times better off first opinion and new cpu option per tab is a genius idea ask in a few days for more detail.

I haven't tried it yet so I will wait what everyone else says.  I am a big fan of gmail and I usually use Google to search for crap.  Right now I am using Mozilla.  I absolutely love it so it will be hard for me to give it up.  

I haven't tried it yet so I will wait what everyone else says. I am a big fan of gmail and I usually use Google to search for crap. Right now I am using Mozilla. I absolutely love it so it will be hard for me to give it up.

im a mozilla guy 2 trust me this google is much better so far speed wize. runs every site/tab off different cpu.

My son gave it a try. In his words, "it's a browser." He hasn't seen anything yet to make him give up Firefox.

im on it now. im a computer networking engineer i can tell you 100times better off first opinion and new cpu option per tab is a genius idea ask in a few days for more detail.

Say what!!??  SS, how much had you drunk before you typed that?   ::)

Say what!!?? SS, how much had you drunk before you typed that? ::)

just 2 guiness. lol. and 2 the other guy. is your son looking at depth or just the cover. it USES A DIFFERENT CPU SLOT PER TAB. thats a MAJOR plus to any Browser with just that.. plus its simple.. the cpu thing already makes it virtually impossible to freeze.

it keeps giving me an error when I try to log in to BassResource.com

Im using Google's new browser and love it so far. Its so much faster then Internet explorer I will never go back.

Say what!!?? SS, how much had you drunk before you typed that? ::)

just 2 guiness. lol. and 2 the other guy. is your son looking at depth or just the cover. it USES A DIFFERENT CPU SLOT PER TAB. thats a MAJOR plus to any Browser with just that.. plus its simple.. the cpu thing already makes it virtually impossible to freeze.

IE, Safari, Firefox, etc.. All spawn a single .exe process, in which the base .exe thread spawn multiple child threads. Chrome spawns each tab as a new .exe process, but this in no way means each process is dedicated to a different CPU. This will generally create a bit more overhead when viewing multiple sites, but as you mentioned, it alleviates a single site crashing and bringing down all the other sites you have open.

A good read on chrome...

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3398&p=2

Overall I like it; it's a very light weight and speedy attempt at a browser. Unfortunately, in its current form, it doesn't offer the customization of Firefox (add-ons, movable elements, etc.). Which means something to me.

Did anyone happen to read the TOS before using? Check this out...

http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=186730

I read the license agreement and this is all it said...

11. You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services.

I downloaded it.  I like it so far.  It is a lot faster then IE.