Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Intense Mountain bike downhill video

That was cool but the drop offs over the edges scared the crud out of me.  The ride back up the mountain must suck though.

they really built up some speed there

check these out:

Watch the first one at the end. They are shot at Whistler, a ski resort in Canada that has crazy mountain biking trails in the summer. They have these crazy ramps they build like thin roads that go up into the trees and stuff. Some of them lead up to giant jumps, but most in the videos aren't that big.

I would be more impressed if they would have ridden up the hill!

That video was intense!!

I half expected one of those guys to go flying off the edge, or someone flying off the hill in front of them.

This isn't biking but is along the same lines of insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeQykTZRHw

That video was intense!!

I half expected one of those guys to go flying off the edge, or someone flying off the hill in front of them.

This isn't biking but is along the same lines of insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeQykTZRHw

where was this video filmed?

i think building that path would be way more insane than walking it!!! :o

El Caminito del Rey (English: The King's pathway) is a walkway, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Álora in Málaga, Spain. The name is often shortened to El Camino del Rey.

HISTORY:

In 1901 it was obvious that the workers of the Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls needed a walkway to cross between the falls, to provide transport of materials, vigilance and maintenance of the channel. Construction of the walkway lasted four years. It was finished in 1905.

In 1921 the king Alfonso XIII had to cross the walkway for the inauguration of the dam Conde del Guadalhorce, and it became known by its present name.

The walkway has now gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. It is one meter (3 ft) in width, and is over 700 feet (200 m) tall. Nearly all of the path has no handrail. Some parts of the walkway have completely collapsed and have been replaced by a beam and a metallic wire on the wall. Many people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years. After four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000, the local government closed the entrances. However, adventurous tourists still find their way into the walkway.

The regional government of Andalusia budgeted for 2006 a restoration plan estimated at 7 million.

Higher Quality version: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?ti...

El Caminito del Rey (English: The King's pathway) is a walkway, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Álora in Málaga, Spain. The name is often shortened to El Camino del Rey.

HISTORY:

In 1901 it was obvious that the workers of the Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls needed a walkway to cross between the falls, to provide transport of materials, vigilance and maintenance of the channel. Construction of the walkway lasted four years. It was finished in 1905.

In 1921 the king Alfonso XIII had to cross the walkway for the inauguration of the dam Conde del Guadalhorce, and it became known by its present name.

The walkway has now gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. It is one meter (3 ft) in width, and is over 700 feet (200 m) tall. Nearly all of the path has no handrail. Some parts of the walkway have completely collapsed and have been replaced by a beam and a metallic wire on the wall. Many people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years. After four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000, the local government closed the entrances. However, adventurous tourists still find their way into the walkway.

The regional government of Andalusia budgeted for 2006 a restoration plan estimated at 7 million.

Higher Quality version: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?ti...

Funny that "chorro" translates literally to "stream" but also as slang to "diarrhea".  Which I think I'd get if I walked that path!  ;D

Down hill run or not, those guys are in shape. Lots of skills and even more luck.

Too easy, cover it with snow, take a hard right and feel what it's like to fly :)

Check out this trail at Whistler (British Columbia)