Sign in to follow this  
mattm

Kurt Warner for MVP

He has to be the leader in the club house for now, right?

i hope so, the cardinals might blow this game

Easy RW, I am a Titans fan through and through but we don't have the easiest schedule. The Texans always play us hard late in the season. We still have to play against Brett Farve, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning. Kerry Collins is a champ and can find ways to win but I don't think he has the stats to be the MVP.

Blah..... Go Kerry Collins!

Don't get me wrong I'm all for Kerry Collins. He just doesn't have Larry Fitzgerald to throw to. He's on Jeff Fisher's team which means he hands the ball off more than he throws. He wins which makes me very happy but I just don't think he's got enough to be the MVP.

While Warner vs. Collins is like comparing apples to oranges, Collins could possibly get MVP if the Titans win it all, even if his numbers don't reflect an MVP season. Warner is the better QB of the two no doubt, Collins just has a more solid supporting cast on offense and defense. The Cards actually let Warner throw the ball and do his thing while Tennessee just asks Collins to manage the game and not mess anything up while the rest of the team makes plays. It's obviously working.  

I know Kurt Warner has better stats, he's thrown for 300+ yds in 45% the games hes played in during his career and he is still doing it this year.  He also has better recievers to throw to, but the titans recievers are starting to come together.  And they are looking more like a multi-dimensional offense now.  Kerry Collins has proven the last two weeks that he can still throw effectively, and manage the game.   Until today, I didn't think he could still throw the deep ball but he did, and he threw it to a reciever who has hands like bricks all season.  I don't think he will win MVP if they lose, but if they win the super bowl he definately needs to be considered.

Warner does have the stats thus far, his team is in first place, that was odd saying that, when have the Cardinals lead the divison?

Two of the best teams in football, Giants and Titans are doing it as a team.    Giants and Titans are running game by committee.      Have shown the ability to pass when needed, both have solid defenses and good kicking game.

What running backs have the numbers to show they are MVP material this year?   AP?  

Kurt and his first place Cardinals would be a safe vote at half way.   We got alot of football to be played.

Anyone think Brett the Jet deserves some consideration?  He's sure seemed to spark and mediocre Jets team and make them contenders this year.  :-/

Has to be in the talke for sure.  

He might be in the talks but at the bottom. Two other guys I would consider who I feel have done the best jobs turning teams around this year are Chad Pennington with the Dolphins and who I believe to be the ROY in Matt Ryan of the Falcons. These guys really helped turn some teams around. Matt Ryan sure is impressive too.

Ryan is in their, but Pennington doesn't even make the conversation.  He has helped turn everything around, but doesn't have the numbers.  Most of the credit will be given to the wildcat formation b/c it is a sexier story.

Anyone think Brett the Jet deserves some consideration? He's sure seemed to spark and mediocre Jets team and make them contenders this year. :-/

They'd be in an even better spot if my Raiders hadn't smacked them a few weeks back.  ;D  WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Pennington's QB rating is just .8 behind Farve's. Both are in the top ten in the NFL. Farve has more touchdowns but also more interceptions. It will be a good race this year. No runaways yet.