Sign in to follow this  
fish-fighting-illini

Online shopping

Due to some shopping my wife did online I got wround to doing some shopping. I noticed that she had "registered" with several sites to purchase gifts. Old Navy, Target etc.

question ) I don't shop online that much, do most all require you sign up or can you usualy input your information and buy?

FYI

I wish my wife hadn't registered but so be it.

When I tried to unregister her from Old Navy their customer service replied " sorry but we cannot remove you from our database"

I wasn't too happy about that and am in the process of writing them a letter and refusing to do further business with them

Was curious on your thoughts on this in general

FFI - AKA Matt Crum

All those stores you just mentioned are history next year. I'm sure they will sale all of their INFO.
Are they folding up too???? target is hilarious they dont sell guns but u can get any gam eon earth that kills a million ppl in 5 sec along with CD,s with profanity,cussing,woman beating /disrespect etc

Maybe you will like one of the new stores when they contact you after the merger, errr takeover.

At least they all will have your wife's information and you can start receiving the new blackberry Gold, the new i8 phone, or any new dishwasher that can't be sold, only sent free to everyone that responds.

Enjoy all the free stuff(Free until they figure out your personal account numbers w/pin codes).

Maybe you will like one of the new stores when they contact you after the merger, errr takeover.

At least they all will have your wife's information and you can start receiving the new blackberry Gold, the new i8 phone, or any new dishwasher that can't be sold, only sent free to everyone that responds.

Enjoy all the free stuff(Free until they figure out your personal account numbers w/pin codes).

Aren't you being a little over the top gloom and doom? I don't like my info stored either but I'm not going to sweat it that much.

I am in the process of removing her from Target's. Old Navy does let you remove all of you info ( including changing your name, removing your address etc but they just won't let you be copletely removed.

I did a couple of quick checks and Sears allows you to buy online without registering likewise does BPS.

just my .02

Most of those stores aren't going anywhere. They will file for chapter 11 and restructure and close a bunch of stores. Look at KMart they are still around.

I do most of my shopping on amazon.com