Sign in to follow this  
Root beer

Car speakers.

Dad got me a new jensen stereo for my truck. Got USB set up to charge my ipod, an auxiliary for my ipod, even has a memory card slot.

Anyway, I have feeling even with new stereo my speakers are going to sound kind of decent. I was wondering if you guys could point me in right directions towards a mid-range high quality speakers for my explorer.

I think I'll need 6. I was thinking between jensen speakers or pioneer.

20-50 dollars a speaker....I don't won't anything fancy, just something that sounds good and will hold me over until I can get out of college and get new vehicle.

I just got some Kenwood KFC-X692s for xmas

me and my dad instaleld them tontie and they are amazing

They are a little out of your price range tho

we got them for 150 for 2 of them

You might be able to find better deals online tho

anythign kenwood I would feel safe with tho

Like, my current set up when I adjust bass, tremble, etc. I don't hear nothing different. It all sounds same. The fade only thing that actually makes a different.

I mean my speaker loud, but it doesn't sound as good as my friends. Now with a new radio I'm wondering if my speaker performance will improved. I know that last sentence doesn't make sense, but it could be my current radio wires or something in current radio screwed up. The current set up is a 11 year old factory installed.

I usually listen to my Ipod, and my new stereo got a auxiliary where I can hook it up. I've been using a cassette adapter and they are piece of crap that keeps tearing up.

I have had great luck with the Pioneer speakers within that price range.  Just make sure you don't get anything with paper cones or they will sound just like your cheap factory speakers.  I would advise you to put the head unit in the vehicle and hook it all up to see how it sounds, you may be surprised how much better your factory speakers sound with a couple extra watts going to them!

Can't go wrong with Pioneer.

I've installed many, many car stereos. The CD deck sounds good, but Jensen is normally cheap garbage.

BUCKEYEone is right. Try it out first and see how it sounds.

Pioneer makes good quality car audio products.

Like, my current set up when I adjust bass, tremble, etc. I don't hear nothing different. It all sounds same. The fade only thing that actually makes a different.

I mean my speaker loud, but it doesn't sound as good as my friends. Now with a new radio I'm wondering if my speaker performance will improved. I know that last sentence doesn't make sense, but it could be my current radio wires or something in current radio screwed up. The current set up is a 11 year old factory installed.

I usually listen to my Ipod, and my new stereo got a auxiliary where I can hook it up. I've been using a cassette adapter and they are piece of crap that keeps tearing up.

wow

wow

:o