Sign in to follow this  
BASSclary

Tornado Watch

Tornado watch up here in NOVA till 3AM.

Just spreading the word incase you didn't know.

Stay safe guys.

thanks for the update!

there was a tornado watch this morning in memphis probably the same system. Be safe

The sirens went off on campus today.

I didn't see anything...except a bunch of girls crying. ;D

It's basically for the whole state of Va. plus northern North Carolina. I'm in Roanoke, right in the middle. It's raining sideways right now.

It's basically for the whole state of Va. plus northern North Carolina. I'm in Roanoke, right in the middle. It's raining sideways right now.

Thanks for the correction. Surprisingly its calm in Stafford.

We had class canceled on Monday due to power outage. I had no power for few hours. Beats an ordinary day.  ;D

I live next to a train track and with tornado warning, I don't know if it a tornado rumbling or train..... :o

All I heard/saw was a little rain and wind.

All I heard/saw was a little rain and wind.

same here.

was raining sideways here too new said they confirmed a tornado in mechanicsville.

It was pretty bad here too, I was going to try out my new Curado 50E but woke up to pouring rain and 35-50mph winds.  Looked out the back door and saw this....

482702ae.jpg

Thought it was best to stay in.

That sux..I did notice the 4X4's on that fence...They should be buried in concrete at least 18" into the ground, I prefer 24" even here in so. cali. I also dig out a bell shaped hole, that puts more concreted at the bottom, and resists pulling out a bit better.

That sux..I did notice the 4X4's on that fence...They should be buried in concrete at least 18" into the ground, I prefer 24" even here in so. cali. I also dig out a bell shaped hole, that puts more concreted at the bottom, and resists pulling out a bit better.

My thoughts exactly when I saw that...It's a relatively new fence, they put it up right after they moved in about 1 1/2 months or so ago so it's only been up about 3 weeks.  As soon as I looked outside I thought " those posts weren't deep enough".   We are looking to put one up for our yard, hopefully they do a little better job with the repair.  I remember putting up a fence for a Dr. I worked for in high school and he had us dig bell shaped holes so they wouldn't work loose as easily when the horses and cows scratched on them.