Sign in to follow this  
lynyrdsky1

Sunglasses

If you get sunglasses with prescription lenses can insurance pay for them?

my insurance doesn't, but each plan is different I think you would call your insurance company to found out.

alternatively just get lasik, I did in september, freakin love it now  ;D  ;D  ;D

My insurance covered pres. sunglasses, but NOT in addition to new reglar glasses for the year - only one pair per year, or contacts.

Parents won't let me get contacts. All I need sunglasses is for fishing. It is not very hard to see when I'm not wearing my glasses it is just I can make out faint figures very well when I have sunglasses on

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

My insurance covered pres. sunglasses, but NOT in addition to new reglar glasses for the year - only one pair per year, or contacts.

Same for me. My eyes change slowly so I'll take care of my reading/computer glasses one year and the next year I take care of my sunglasses.

Same for me. My eyes change slowly so I'll take care of my reading/computer glasses one year and the next year I take care of my sunglasses.

I'll have to check. I need a new pair of glasses since I've had the same pair for 2 years and they are falling apart.

Prescription glasses? People still have those? I had lasik over 10 years ago, and it's great!

Wife did too last year. According to her, best money we ever spent.

Is there any sunglasses polarized enough to where having Px lenses doesn't really matter?

Polarized sunglasses simply have a chemical coating on the lenses, have nothing to do with the prescription of the lens.  The polarized coating on a pair of scripts is probably no different than the coating on a store bought pair, there are regulations that are supposed to be met.

Insurance will pay 150 but nothing I've looked at is under 200.