Sign in to follow this  
bass or bass ?

U.S.Representative Shot!

U.S. Representative from Arizona, Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head along with up to a dozen others today in Tucson. A federal judge, John Lowell,  was killed along with at least 3 others. The assassin was shot by armed citizens in the crowd and apprehended. Please keep the victims and their families in your prayers and thoughts.

This is a sad day for America.

Very tragic, but also a thank you to the armed citizens who prevented him from taking more lifes.

Very tragic, but also a thank you to the armed citizens who prevented him from taking more lifes.

Haven't heard that part of the story. :-?

U.S. Representative from Arizona, Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head along with up to a dozen others today in Tucson. A federal judge, John Lowell, was killed along with at least 3 others. The assassin was shot by armed citizens in the crowd and apprehended. Please keep the victims and their families in your prayers and thoughts.

Preach, it was in the original post.

U.S. Representative from Arizona, Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head along with up to a dozen others today in Tucson. A federal judge, John Lowell, was killed along with at least 3 others. The assassin was shot by armed citizens in the crowd and apprehended. Please keep the victims and their families in your prayers and thoughts.

Sorry.  I didn't remember reading that in the original post, and I don't think I've read it anywhere else.

Preach4bass I have read that someone in the crowd fired at the moron. I have seen no reports of him being hit.

It is a sad day. I pray for all those involved in this senseless tragedy.

Fox reported, this afternoon, that they had heard of an armed individual firing at the shooter, but it was unconfirmed at the time and it was unclear if the person was security or a private individual.

Sorry. I didn't remember reading that in the original post, and I don't think I've read it anywhere else.

Don't sweat it, there will probably be many reports and stories before the day is done.

Very sad !

After reading her bio and agenda, curious as to the motivation of this tragic event.

Very sad !

After reading her bio and agenda, curious as to the motivation of this tragic event.

Me too..Makes you wonder.

Apparently he was striking out against government in general. Anyone in government would serve as a target. His facebook site ramblings are very confusing.

There have been several differing reports concerning his capture relative to whether he was shot, shot at and missed, or simply tackled by someone in the crowd. My original post was based on the information reported at the time.

This is from Yahoo news:

"The sheriff said the rampage ended only after two people tackled the gunman".

I have not seen any references to the shooter being shot or shot at - thank goodness - the last thing needed was for a group of people shooting at each other in that crowd with all the chaos going on.