Sign in to follow this  
Sfritr

FINALLY!!! bought a house in Cincinnati

After 7 months, all of it away from my wife and son, I have finally purchased a home in Cincinnati.  Close on Jan 28th.  Cant wait to get the boat down here.... oh, and the family also.   GOOODBYE  FLINT MI.........

Nice! That's where I live too. Well about 20 minutes outside.

Did you move to a suburb or what?

Actually a northern suburb.  the Trails of Shaker Run.   Lebanon School district.  Across the street from Shaker Run Golf Course and Armco park.  Got golf and Fishing within 5 minutes of home. 

Its a little bit of a hike to work, about 35 miles, but not horrible as long as I don't hit rush hour traffic on 71.

I know where that is, live about 15 minutes from it.

My experiences at Armco are not the best. The fishing is decent, but don't expect any size.

It may have changed though. I haven't been there for awhile.

I stopped going when they started charging to fish.

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!!

Thanks Soccer

Ohio

I have fished Armco twice and didnt do horrible. Its better than Not Fishing though.  I think once they made it public the locals may have drained some of the quality of the lake.  Ceasars creek isn't too far and I will surely fish Brookville quite a bit in the spring and summer. 

The golfing at Armco is pretty good too if you suck like I do.  ;D It's a pretty small course.

Caesar's Creek is a great place to fish. I think I caught my first bass there.

If you get a chance, Cowan Lake is good as well. They got a bunch of fish in there and a huge section covered by pads that's a blast.

If you don't wanna drive far, I would go to the Shaker Run golf course. It's pretty easy to get kicked out, but they have some monster fish in there.

If I go to Shaker it will be with a set of Pings and not Shimanos ;)  Nice course in the spring but they have quite a bit of trouble in the summer with disease on the greens and fairways due to poor air circulation because of the terrain.  Love the layout though. 

I grew up in Cincy and used to work at Brookwood GC in Mason off Irwin Simpson in college.  We used to night fish out there and the two lakes were Loaded with 5 lbers.  Too bad the city of mason took it over and made it a hiking area

I'm Mason, but I'm not really sure what exactly you're talking about.

The only place I know to fish is Pine Hill and that place absolutely stinks.

Fantastic!

Congrats.

All the best wishes for the new house and I know you and your family will love it.

Any ponds on that golf course you can fish????  :)

Ohio

my apologies, it wasn't Brookwood, it was Kingswood GC. 

Thanks guys, nothing like the smell of new carpet and a clean house, no fart smells, no dog, no funk, just clean, clean clean

and Michigan's population continues to dwindle down.....

Ohio

my apologies, it wasn't Brookwood, it was Kingswood GC.

Thanks guys, nothing like the smell of new carpet and a clean house, no fart smells, no dog, no funk, just clean, clean clean

Oh I know where that is. I actually just heard about the fishing a couple of weeks ago.

I was buying some plastics and the cashier told me how the fishing there was pretty good.

Is it behind P&G? That's the place I'm thinking of.

Good job on getting out of Flint. Not the best area in the state.

Flint is the armpit of the state and possibly the country IMO.  The best part of it is when you see the sign that says "Leaving Flint City limits"

Grimlin

I am originally from Cincinnati but left when my job forced me to leave.  Hunting, fishing, and outdoorsman part of Michigan  = A

Job force, work ethic, etc.       =  F

Good job on getting out of Flint. Not the best area in the state.

Flint is the armpit of the state and possibly the country IMO. The best part of it is when you see the sign that says "Leaving Flint City limits"

Grimlin

I am originally from Cincinnati but left when my job forced me to leave. Hunting, fishing, and outdoorsman part of Michigan = A

Job force, work ethic, etc. = F

yeah,jobs right now stink here. Michigan has the highest population lost right now,which really isn't all that surprising,but it still hurts because we are losing some good people here.

I came extremely close to going back to Texas when i was laid off without any hopes of finding another job back in 09'.

King's Island and The Beach. Summer should be nice for you.

Congrats!!!

Gonna be a bengals fan now? ;)

Nope

Still a glutten for punishment.  I will still root for the Lions,Tigers, and RedWings.