Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Benelli M4 shotgun.

I'm looking for a home defense shotgun, and this one is top of the list.  Any other owners here?  Thoughts? 

Any shotgun will work for home defense...  Get a cheap Mossberg instead of a Benelli, unless you want to brag about how much you spent for a shotgun that you will probably rarely shoot...

• Like 1

My Bro-in-Law is a collector and that is his, and his wife's favorite home defense weapon. I've shot it and it's smooth.

I'd just get a Supernova for 1/4 the price. I never really understood the purpose of a semi-auto shotgun for home defense. Pump's are nice because sometimes the noise alone is a deterrent. The Supernova is also available with ghost ring sights.

• Like 1

Got money to blow I guess... There is no need at all for a semi auto especially one that cost that much lol.  Was of money IMHO but its your money...

I have a Super Black Eagle 2 and a Super Nova. Like them both. The Super Nova stays loaded for home protection. Like someone else mentioned, the sound of the pump might just keep you from having to fire. Plus, if I had to bet my 'life' on one not failing to shoot, I'm betting on the pump.....

Great gun, my brother has the Super Black Eagle for home defense, plus a quiver of other Benelli models for dove and duck hunting. I love my light weight 20 gauge M2 for dove though. Good guns, but if you are just talking home defense its over kill, get a Mossberg or Remington.