Sign in to follow this  
Fish Chris

A few nature shots from yesterday :-)

Yesterday was just one of those days when I got SOO many chances at awesome stuff.... but for one reason or another, mostly poor lighting angles, it ended up just being a "decent" photo trip....

Anyway, here are a few of the ones I'd call keepers.

This was a heavy crop, and somewhat back-lit, but a Great Horned Owl, in day light :) How cool is he ?

0f1a7fb0.jpg

Killdeer

0f206ae0.jpg

I couldn't believe this Merganser was trying to eat a good sized Mud cat ! He did eventually give up and drop it though.... Might have felt a spine and thought twice about actually swallowing it !

0f306ae0.jpg

Pair of Shovelers in-flight

0f406ae0.jpg

Cinnamon Teal

0f506ae0.jpg

Avocet at Sunset

0f606af0.jpg

Hope you enjoy them,

Peace,

Fish

I'd give you a thumbs up but that might be misconstrued as trying to increase my post count. ;D

The in flight pic is awsome.

Dude, those are awesome pics. Love the one with that poor cat.

Thanks guys :)

Yea.... even after the Merganser dropped that Cat, it didn't look like it was doing too well. Don't know how long the Merganser was trying to eat it, before I came along....

Peace,

Fish

good series Chris.

Beautiful, Chris!

Dude, where do you live, heaven? Seriously, awesome shots!

Thanks again guys  :)

Hey, once again, I always get concerned with how somebody is viewing these (monitor settings) as they look crappy when stretched above 100%. Smaller than 100% is fine.

Then again, unless you have a HD monitor like I do, it's likely that you are viewing at 100%, and they are still too big....

You know you can simply hold the ctrl button (bottom left of keyboard) down, and then hit the '-' button (top center of keyboard) to quickly shrink your photo down to fit the screen without scrolling, right ? To go larger again, just hold ctrl, and hit the '+' button :)

Peace,

Fish

Chris I'd recommend putting your signature on those pictures.Those are some beautiful shots!

Thanks again guys :)

Hey, once again, I always get concerned with how somebody is viewing these (monitor settings) as they look crappy when stretched above 100%. Smaller than 100% is fine.

Then again, unless you have a HD monitor like I do, it's likely that you are viewing at 100%, and they are still too big....

You know you can simply hold the ctrl button (bottom left of keyboard) down, and then hit the '-' button (top center of keyboard) to quickly shrink your photo down to fit the screen without scrolling, right ? To go larger again, just hold ctrl, and hit the '+' button :)

Peace,

Fish

You can also do it with ctrl + scroll wheel on your mouse. Scroll up to make things bigger, down to make things smaller.

Thanks again guys  :)

But Nibbles, I don't have a scroll wheel on my mouse ! Love my mouse though. Can't hardly use a mouse unless it's a rollerball :)

Tin, he didn't. He finally gave up, and dropped it. Might have felt a spine, and revaluated the situation :)

Peace,

Fish