Sign in to follow this  
T-rig

Crazy Perch!

I was fishing with an Imakatsu Devil Ripper Zinga today. This lure is almost 6" long and I was hoping to get a nice bass but instead I caught this mad perch!

post-7272-130162969633_thumb.jpg

I did catch a couple of bass but on fat ika's. Here is the biggest (about 4lbs.)

post-7272-130162969639_thumb.jpg

That makes for a good day. Nice pic, too.

This happens to me a lot also. I think they try schooling up with the big bait possibly thinking it might be another perch, although when it does happen the hooks are always in the mouth lol...intresting little buggers

I was fishing with an Imakatsu Devil Ripper Zinga today. This lure is almost 6" long and I was hoping to get a nice bass but instead I caught this mad perch!

Daniel, you bring me fond memories of times when perch were plentiful at Cyprus - it was the time when largemouths were restricted only in three reservoirs and perch ruled the rest! They were indeed crazy, they would attack lures as long as they were with no hesitation. In one memorable occasion I was trying to catch perch with live mosquito fish to take alive to a garden pond from a small reservoir. I did catch three perch almost immediately, and being too lazy to walk to the place I had set a keepnet, I threw them in the bucket where I kept about 30 mosquito fish as a bait. The fourth mosquito fish was taken though by a 1-lb catfish, so I decided to take all of them to the keepnet. Guess what! In the bucket there were three totally alive perch, with hugely expanded stomachs, and no more baitfish! In the span of about 10 minutes the three perch had eaten up all the live fish I had as bait - in the bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last December, before the water in my canal froze, I was casting my new Pointer 100 to see what the action was like. Much to my surprize I caught a 7" perch.  They are fearless.

Falcon