Sign in to follow this  
Fish Chris

Starting to think about the Striped variety.....

Often I here people talking about Strippers over here.... But come on now... This is a "fishing forum" :-)

Anyway, even my favorite Summertime bass lake gets really tough from late August through some time in October.

The Stripers start to come on in late August, but for the last several years I have been getting sidetracked with Bodega Bay Halibut, Bat Rays, and Leopard Sharks. So, by the time I get started after the Striped ones, I hear... "They have been biting good for 6 weeks".... then I seem to hit the tail end of it :-(

But this year, the Bodega bite just never happened, as the bay is just whacked, for reasons unknown to me.

So anyway, don't get me wrong, I'd love to get another DD bass or two before the years over..... And "IF" there is enough water in my trophy bass pond to keep the ramp open, and "IF" they start dumping some trout again this Fall when the water cools, I might have to give it a another fair shake.....

But I'm just starting to think about that 40 plus Striper ! Even caught a 50 and a 100 lb'er last night.... then woke up :-) Seriously though, when your dreams change from Largemouths, to Stripers, is this a sign ???

Just rambling I guess,

Peace,

Fish

PS, I mostly threw the Huddlebug yesterday, and caught a 7.5 lb Largemouth (blind in one eye, but still fat and apperently doing well) and a 3 1/2 lb Spotted bass. So, that might be enough to keep me going a few more trips... at least tommorrow :-)

Nah...

I like the stripers, too. We have been having a big bite on the Tennessee River, but no size. 8-12lbs is the range with an occasional 15 or 16, but no 20+. My last big striper (28 lbs) was the first fish of the season two years ago. I really don't know what the deal is or why we haven't caught bigger fish. Maybe it's just part of the cycle.

It is a sign....

A sign that you aren't a BlackBassaholic, but are a Fishaholic just like me.

If it swims, I'll try to catch it.

It is a sign....

A sign that you aren't a BlackBassaholic, but are a Fishaholic just like me.

If it swims, I'll try to catch it.

Fo Sho!