Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Winning ways for Falcon

Winning ways for Falcon

Terry Scroggins: Texas-rigging a 10-inch plum YUM worm and Carolina-rigging an 8-inch green pumpkin YUM lizard.

Jason Williamson: 10 1/2-inch Zoom Old Monster worms, plum-colored, and an 8-inch Zoom lizard, both Texas-style and Carolina-rigged with 1/2-, 3/4- and 1-ounce Kanji tungsten weights.

Ben Matsubu: two 7-inch Senko worms with their ends cut, then melted together end-to-end with a cigarette lighter. The resulting 13-or-so-inch worm, Carolina-rigged

Scott Campbell: Texas-rigging a 5-inch Senko worm and a 10-inch Berkley Power Worm: blue fleck when it's overcast, and green pumpkin in the sunshine.

Casey Ashley: Texas-rigging an 11-inch, strawberry-colored Mister Twister worm

Rick Morris: began the week flipping bushes, but switched to Texas-rigging blue fleck- and motor oil-colored Berkley Power Worms

Mike Iaconelli: a 1-ounce Berkley Gripper Jig with a Twin Tail trailer and a Baby E-weighted swimbait, both tilapia-colored and dragging "just about everything" on a Carolina rig with a 1-ounce Tru-Tungsten weight

Paul Elias: a Mann's 20-plus and a Luhr Jensen Hot Lips in greenback chartreuse and brownback chartreuse color patterns. Elias has also targeted bass that are busting shad on shallow points with a Mann's C4 crankbait. Like everyone else, he's also Carolina-rigging with a Mann's Hardnose Mosquito Hawk

Scott Rook: Carolina-rigging quite a bit, but he's also throwing a 3/4-ounce football head jig with a Berkley Power Hawg trailer. On the Carolina rig, he's using 10-inch Berkley Power Worms and Berkley Power Hawgs, weighted with either a 1 1/4- or 1 1/2-ounce tungsten weight

Byron Velvick: 10-inch watermelon- and motor oil-colored Berkley Power Worms, both Texas-style and on a Carolina rig

Mark Davis: a Zoom 8-inch watermelon seed lizard. He's also caught fish on a 7-inch Strike King Stir Stix in green pumpkin.

Aaron Martens: Carolina-rigging several different soft plastics: the bigger the better. He's used 8-inch Zoom lizards, big Senkos, Aaron's Magic Robo worms and 10-inch Berkley Power Worms

Funny quote yesterday from Ben Matsubu who finished 9th at Falcon:

"I had a rough day today because every time Big Show (Terry Scroggins) would catch a fish the lake level would drop about 5 inches."

;D

And everyone says the Texas Rig/Carolina Rig is Ole School & has given way to Drop Shotting/Finesse.

NOT  ;)

Drop shotting ranks up there with stop smoking for me. I don't start C/R till I try for some fast action first. I mostly stay with the 8" Green pumpkin or Pumpkin seed/ Char tail. Can't do much with the 1oz jig either, when I feel that much weight on the line I'm fixing to set the hook.

Funny quote yesterday from Ben Matsubu who finished 9th at Falcon:

"I had a rough day today because every time Big Show (Terry Scroggins) would catch a fish the lake level would drop about 5 inches."

;D

Don't know which is funnier, that quote or the bait he was throwing.  

T-rigging in Texas, what a concept!!  

T-rigging and c-rigging....I wouldn't call them "old school". I would call them "classic". They're just hard to beat in the post spawn on lakes the feature good structure fishing.

T-rigging and c-rigging....I wouldn't call them "old school". I would call them "classic". They're just hard to beat in the post spawn on lakes the feature good structure fishing.

That would be "classic old school" techniques.

That would be "classic old school" techniques.