Sign in to follow this  
flippincrazy

Kentucky Lake BFL Regional

So I accomplished my goal this year as a boater in the Buckeye BFL. Being my first year as a boater my goal was to stay in the top 40 and qualify for the regional. After a 32nd finish this weekend on the river I locked my spot finishing 23rd overall for the year. I fell good for doing this well in my first year, but believe I should have done better, its just a confidence thing with me thi year. Anyways I'm leaving for Kentucky/Barkley on friday or saturday to see if I can find some fish. I know kentucky isn't the best this time of year, but I'm excited about my oppurtunity to prove my self on a big lake. I'm figuring 13-14 pounds a day will win or atleat qualify for the all american. I'll keep you guys and girls posted during practice and the tournament. Wish me luck, I hope I represent Bass Resource well.

Caleb

P.S. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep at all before this tournament. ;D

flippincrazy    

This past weekend I had a small club tournament on Ky Lake.  The fish are scattered all over the place.  You will find a few on ledges and a few on points and a few in the back of the bays.    I never found a good patteren nor did any of the other teams.    

The best I found was around secondary lake points using a texas rig lizard.  You then have to catch a dozen small fish for one keeper.  It is tuff fishing right now and I live on the lake.  Good luck    Bud

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and had the same

experience Bud describes: No pattern, anything works a

little (three guys throwing everything including the kitchen

sink!), all small fish.

8-)

I thought it would be like that. Fished it last year as a co-angler and had the same thing, would catch 10 fish a day, but only one keeper. Im just gonna go down there and try to find some kind of pattern that is somewhat stable.

Hey buddy, I actually have been able to pattern the fish a little bit. I went two weekends ago and caught my first three fish in about and hour all over 2. The first two came off of texas rigs in and around grass in about 4ft that drops to 10 pretty quick and the third was in a spot not too far away on the outside of the grass on a spinnerbait. Most of the people I fish with have been catching their higher quality fish around the grass. Good luck and let us know how you do bud!

flippincrazy

When you do come down remember this lake is at winter pool and is extremely dangerous unless you know it.  Some of the ramps are in bad shape to because of the low water and drop off at the end of the ramps.  Be careful and good luck   Bud

Bud,

Thanks for the heads up. Navigating Kentucky Lake is what I'm must nervous of. I know it can go from 20 feet to half a foot just inches outside the channel markers and not every spot is marked with channel markers. Also it can get nasty rough in a hurry. I'm just going to take my time the four days of prefishing and try to learn the water I'll be fishing. Hopefully everyone in the tournament will have a safe trip, I remember last year there was a nasty accident that sent a boater to the ICU, but I think he ended up making a full recovery. Thanks agian for the heads up.

Caleb