Sign in to follow this  
DewittBassmaster

friendly tournaments

Me and my friends have created our own bass club.  Theres only 3 teams with 2 anglers on each team.  We don't have alot of money but we put a friendly wager and made a tournament schedule.  Does anybody else do this with some of their friends?  

We do that a lot on Toledo with 6-10 two man teams throwing $10-25 in a hat winner take all.  

Yup every weekend we have a "friendly". 6-12 people, 2 person teams, 5 biggest fish, 10bucks a person winner take all.

Every time I go out we hold a mini tourney.  $3 to enter.  $1 for first keeper, $1 for biggest and $1 for most.  There is usually just one boat and the two of us in it, but it works.

Dewitt, what city are you in? I'm in Sterling Heights, and my cottage is up by Oscoda. Drop me a PM and I can hook you up with these kinds of things around here.

A Buddie in his boat me in mine and 3 other boats threw $10 in a hat and fished a day in Spring.

We decided to do it again next year and from that it evolved into a real good Springtime event on Table Rock In MO.We have had up to 125 boats at one time.

Sad to say though My old buddie passed away last Spring right before the tournamnent. There was a small Memorial on Jeff's behalf. Maybe that will go somewhere too.

ZZ

yeah my buddies and i every once in a while get together about 7-10 boats and throw in $20.

third gets money back

second doubles their money

first gets the rest.

Its always fun especially when you have the latest bragging rights!

Me and my buddies do the "dollar" game also. The bad thing is for the first fish they always make me ask them when my pole is out of the water. Too many times I have burned them when I feel a bite and say "dollar for first fish?" :o