armesjr

Bass Clubs in Richmond, Va

Check your personal messages.

PM me if you get a chance or give me a call.

I leave the cell phone in the car so I can call you in the evenings or during the day.

Thanks,

Sam

John,

Check your PMs.

Sam

I've been looking on the sites from that list, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any junior tournaments in the Richmond area? Or even in Harrisonburg/Staunton seeing that I'll be living there next month... Thanks.

(I was told the best way to find junior tournaments was through clubs... and seeing this thread related to my area I thought I'd give it a try)

Simon,

Sent you a PM at 1:35 PM on Friday, August 3rd.

Going to gas up the boat now so call me on my cell phone.

Call at office on Monday or during the week.

Sam

Pearce,

Check your personal messages as I sent you the information on who to contact for the Virginia Yute events.

Have fun at JMU.

And don't forget to study.

You can't party all the time!!!! ;D

Hey Sam, I'd like the info if you got a sec to send it.  Wouldn't mind traveling an hour or so south to Richmond depending on schedules, how many tourneys and where the fishing took place.  Thanks in advance boss.

To all that asked about clubs in the Richmond area, check your PMs.  I sent all of you information about the local region there for the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation of Virginia.  If you need more information or other assistance, please feel free to PM or email.

Hillbilly

I've been looking on the sites from that list, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any junior tournaments in the Richmond area? Or even in Harrisonburg/Staunton seeing that I'll be living there next month... Thanks.

(I was told the best way to find junior tournaments was through clubs... and seeing this thread related to my area I thought I'd give it a try)

Yes there is. i will give you the link. I am in the club from the chester/chesterfield area. We are sponsered by TBF. There will be one that is local to you.

you should email one of the directors from the link i send you to see which one is closest to you.http://www.vabass.com/frames/framefederation.htm

Reviving old thread......any updated info on Richmond area or central va bass clubs?

Thanks

Yes. Richmond Bassmasters takes both boaters and nonboaters as members.

They meet at Debbie's Kitchen in Henrico County on the 4th Wednesday of each month with two exceptions:

November - Meet week before to avoid the Thanksgiving holiday. (November 15th this year)

December - No meeting, other than the tournament committee getting together to plan the new trail.

Dues include the national and state BASS club dues of $65, plus the club's own $45 for a total of $110.

The optional annual Big Fish Pot is only $6 so the guys usually go with $116.

You will get Bassmasters Magazine when you join. I am not sure about Bass Times so you can ask BASS when you join.

You have to be a member of BASS, too.

If you go as a nonboater the fee is $50 to the boater per day. Great value when you consider you have a friendly guide that will discuss his baits and techniques plus places to fish with you.

Fishing 8 tournaments this year. May go back  to 10 in 2018. Club has to decide.

There are two optional pots for each tournament: 1st, 2nd and 3rd places; big fish. I think they are $10 for the tournament places and $5 for big fish.

If you want to join you can come to the November meeting or wait for the January meeting.

Debbie's Kitchen is on Route 33, Staples Mill Road, about a mile north of I-295. Look it up on Google:

Debbie's Kitchen

www.gotodebbies.com
(804) 752-2432

For more information you can call me, 512.2937.

You will learn a lot plus know where to launch your boat which can be a challenge if you have never been to that body of water.

There are a number of clubs in BASS Region 3 and Region 6.  Other than for Richmond, they do not take nonboaters and you will need to have a partner to fish their tournaments. Check out the "Links" section at the top of this page for Bass Clubs and look for the FLW and BASS Federations in Virginia. I know the Virginia BASS Federation has a listing of all of its clubs. Not sure about the FLW.

Tournaments start in early March on Lake Gaston or Buggs Island. Most clubs try to get the lakes out of the way before school is out to avoid the idiots on the water. We then fish the rivers until school opens and then catch up on the lakes.

Give me a call when you can.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sam said:

They meet at Debbie's Kitchen in Henrico County on the 4th Wednesday of each month with two exceptions:

November - Meet week before to avoid the Thanksgiving holiday. (November 15th this year)

December - No meeting, other than the tournament committee getting together to plan the new trail.

Give me a call when you can.

Sam, I'll be in touch, what time does the Club meet at Debbie's?

Thank you.

Chuck

9 hours ago, 68camaro said:

Sam, I'll be in touch, what time does the Club meet at Debbie's?

Thank you.

Chuck

Meeting starts at 7 PM.

Some guys get there early to have dinner.

Sam, thanks. I may be out if town but if not I will try to get over there.