Sign in to follow this  
Krzkev

Peacocks After Dark....

I recently was out on my lake, and it started to get dark. We were fishing for whatever, Largemouths and Peacocks, whatever we could get. We had only 1 nice peacock and around 10 nice bass nothing special, and as I said before it started to get dark out, and out of nowhere the peacock bite turned on and we caught 5 peacocks in a row one after another. I didn't think they were active after dark but I guess they are. Needless to say i was suprised. Has anyone else caught them after dark? Just wondering.....

Here's the best one, she went 4.0lbs

post-11841-13016298433_thumb.jpg

Nice looking peacock! I haven't caught any after dark, but here in our neighborhood lakes, we certainly have seen some great catches! I am curious too - what bait do you use at night?

I happend to be using a white Chatter bait mini.  It was wierd though I think I stumbled upon a school of them, because it was one after another,  then they stopped, I don't think they usually bite after dark.  I am curious to know how far north these fish have gotten,  Just curious?????  I think everyone would be suprised how far they have traveled.

Hmmm... I don't know.  Hey whereabouts in Fl are you?  I have never been night fishing and am really interested - where do you fish?

This is for all you S. Florida people posting about these peacocks.  I live in Lake Worth and am on vacation.  I have a bass boat and know they have been catching plenty of peacocks in the Southern Blvd canal. If anyone wants to go, send me a pm. I usually put in at Lake Osborne.

Hey Bassn - we're neighbors!  :) I am in Boynton Bch. - I haven't ever fished those canals, but like I posted earlier, my neighborhood lakes are full of peacocks - I plan on hitting Okeeheelee this wknd. with the kids before I head up to Tn. for Spring Break.