Sign in to follow this  
BirdNestBen

Finally caught some fish in pond near my house...

Found a pond about 350 yds. long and 150 yds. wide by my house... the first trip yielded 0 bites..... and 6+ hrs of fishing....

Took my Pflueger President spinning reel and went back this morning- kinda cloudy so things were looking up...

Still no bites- tried everything... pond scum stretches out along the banks which makes it tough to fish... clear after that... dang no boat....

Anyways, the lower end of the lake is where I started... kinda tough to fish with all the pond scum... moved over to the upper end of the lake which is much easier to fish....

Casted a watermelon fluke texas rigged weightless in a little pocket between the moss... bam finally a fish about a pound..

Caught 2 more off the dam- small ones... then I flipped the fluke along the shade past an oak tree...and a small fishing dock....  wham monster fish felt like, but it pulled off the hook....

Went back to the mid lake area with the fluke and caught 3 more.... got a ton of bites but missed em'- felt like smaller fish.....

Sun came out from behind the clouds about noon and made the fishing tough... got hot.... tried some plastic worms, but the moss was so thick even past the pond scum it would get all over the line....

Left about 1pm.... even though the fish were small it sure felt good to finally land a few.... tried a frog and a senko... no luck...

Just wondering if anyone had any more ideas on what else the bass might strike here????