Sign in to follow this  
Big-O

Rage Anaconda on Keel Weighted Hook

Took a couple of my Rage'aholic friends fishing and "did we have fun"...... We had a blast and the fish were very cooperative to say the least. When the wind wasn't blowing in gale force, I would hold the back of the boat out about 15 yards off the grass beds and let'em have at it with Keel weighted Anacondas.

The Annies seductive fall onto the top of the grass and in the small pockets was more that the fish could stand. Many were caught just on a gentle lift and fall as the Anaconda rarely got tangled up in the grass. This technique allowed the bait to be fished completely and thoroughly over each different bed of grass without ripping thru it possibly startling or pushing the fish out.

Definitely one of my favorite techniques for fishing points or humps with grass. It also allows you to feel the outside edges where the Anaconda can be worked slowly down the deepest edges where alot of the bigger fish were waiting.

Of course, I had to throw the Jig n Lobster around a little too ....Neither of my digital scales agreed with one another but the biggest fish (caught by Darryl) weighed easily over 12 lbs. on both of them. I think I better go back this week to see if her Grand Mother is hungry..... ;D

Big O

www.ragetail.com

post-11109-130162990594_thumb.jpg

post-11109-130162990601_thumb.jpg

post-11109-130162990606_thumb.jpg

Nice fish Steve.  i am going to hhave to come down there and have you take me out.

Kelley

Man .... those are some pigs !!!! Looks like a great day Steve !!

Nice fish.  I love the motor.

Nice fish Steve.  The Pig and Jig is working here also.   Bud

Nice fish Steve. i am going to hhave to come down there and have you take me out.

Kelley

Um,.....I'm comin' too  :o 8-)

WOW!!! Great fish man! That must be a killer presentation. Just stored it in my "things to try" files. I'm about to go throw some Annies over on Barkley as a floating or swimming worm. We'll see how they like it.. ;)

Looks like ya'll had a blast. Nikki and I are going to pack for Texas someday soon!!!

Great Job!

CJ

Nice fish Steve! It's just about Anaconda time here in Virginia..... :)

Nice fish Steve. i am going to hhave to come down there and have you take me out.

Kelley

Um,.....I'm comin' too :o 8-)

How about me?   :D

Kelley

Um,.....I'm comin' too :o 8-)

Count me in as well, LOL!!!!   :o

Awesome fish and I guess I better try that with all the grass I usually fish!

WOO-HOO!

Took a couple of my Rage'aholic friends fishing and "did we have fun"...... We had a blast and the fish were very cooperative to say the least. When the wind wasn't blowing in gale force, I would hold the back of the boat out about 15 yards off the grass beds and let'em have at it with Keel weighted Anacondas.

The Annies seductive fall onto the top of the grass and in the small pockets was more that the fish could stand. Many were caught just on a gentle lift and fall as the Anaconda rarely got tangled up in the grass. This technique allowed the bait to be fished completely and thoroughly over each different bed of grass without ripping thru it possibly startling or pushing the fish out.

Definitely one of my favorite techniques for fishing points or humps with grass. It also allows you to feel the outside edges where the Anaconda can be worked slowly down the deepest edges where alot of the bigger fish were waiting.

Of course, I had to throw the Jig n Lobster around a little too ....Neither of my digital scales agreed with one another but the biggest fish (caught by Darryl) weighed easily over 12 lbs. on both of them. I think I better go back this week to see if her Grand Mother is hungry..... ;D

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Hey guys what is a keel weight?  I searched Cabelas and didn't find it.

O so is it just another name for a swimbait hook? Thanks RW

Thos are some nice looking hawgs Big O.  I am going to have to try using the keel weighted hooks with the anacondas.