Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Matstone

A new pond and an old one too

Well guys it has been awhile and I have been busy with the kids but last week I found out that my mailman has his own pond. This week I fished it. ;D A great little pond and Madison loved it there. So did I. It was back in the woods with not a neighbor in sight. What a place!

We arrived and Madison was quickly working her way around the pond with her new favorite lure the Perfect Plastic senko. ;D She really enjoys bass fishing now. To be honest I think she loves hunting for them best.

Here she is with the first fish of the day doing what she loves the most.

pm3.jpg

This one is one that I believe she had on but it flew out of the water and came unbuttoned. She was very dissappointed but our mailman came running over and casted out and caught it for her. She took the opportunity to get a quick pic with it.

This fish tore her little fingers up.

pmp1.jpg

Yesterday Matt and I had the day all to ourselves and we decided to hit one of our new found favorite lakes. I have never seen another person fishing this place yet. AWESOME!

I started off fishing a space monkey which I have done really well with in the past at this place. It was not long and I had my first fish of the day.

mom2.jpg

I was very happy with this fish until my husband came around behind me and upped the ante a bit. >:(

matt-1.jpg

Now it was on and after what seemed like a thousand casts I finally had another one. It could have been better but at least it was one more than hubby had at this time. :) I got this one on the space monkey too.

mom3.jpg

Once again my husband came right back at me with yet another one. >:(

matt2.jpg

All kidding aside I was very happy for him they were some beautiful fish and we had an awesome day on the water even though the fish were not biting so well today. I love it when you can spend a whole day on the water and have the entire lake to ourselves. ;D

One last pic. I found this on the camera and I got him one day when maddie and I were out.

mom.jpg

Hope you all have been out because the weather is warm and it is high time for a tan which is always my first objective this time of year! ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you have not done so yet make sure you take a kid fishing this year! It is the best!!!!

Almost forgot.. I made a little boo boo and accidentally took the tip off of my husbands nice custom rod too so I guess you could say that he deserved to get the bigger fish the next day.

oopsie.jpg

Sorry honey.

Yes, those are some pretty....Fish in those photos Ms M and you gotta let Mr M catch one now and then huh.. ;D you guys are catchin' some rather large ones too...

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Nice fish. Those little out of the way ponds hold some nice ones.

Super pics and great fish.

Funny ending, too.

Do I hear Carrot Stix????  ;D   ;D   ;D

Dittos on the great pics and super nice fish.   I loved the one of Madison kissing the bass!  What a wonderful family hobby.  Something you all can do together or seperately if you rather.  I'll bet that if they ever have "family tournaments" you guys would be the odds on favorite!

A woman who loves to fish and in great shape. Perfect combo.

Good color on the space monkey.

The nibblers "disarm" them in a hurry, but it seems not to detract from their ability to catch fish.

If you start your retrieve when it hits the water, try this in water more than a couple or three feet deep.

Give it ten or fifteen seconds after it splashes down to start your retrieve.  Leave the bail open, or in free spool, depending on the type if reely you're using.

You might find you've got a fish on when you take up the slack.  If not, give it a couple of twitches where it lies, then retrieve normally.

I find I catch more on the drop and pause, than on the retrieve.  Except in the shallows.

Thanks guys we had a lot of fun and the Mr and I ended up having no kids this weekend so we are headed out again today to do some more fishing. Have to take advantage of it every chance we get!

Super pics and great fish.

Funny ending, too.

Do I hear Carrot Stix???? Grin Grin Grin

Yep I think I am on the hook for another rod for hubby. I owe him.

Dittos on the great pics and super nice fish. I loved the one of Madison kissing the bass! What a wonderful family hobby. Something you all can do together or seperately if you rather. I'll bet that if they ever have "family tournaments" you guys would be the odds on favorite!

She loves kissin the fish and my husband told her that she really does not have to touch the fish and she told him that she is not... the fish is touching her lips. ;D

Good color on the space monkey.

The nibblers "disarm" them in a hurry, but it seems not to detract from their ability to catch fish.

If you start your retrieve when it hits the water, try this in water more than a couple or three feet deep.

Give it ten or fifteen seconds after it splashes down to start your retrieve. Leave the bail open, or in free spool, depending on the type if reely you're using.

You might find you've got a fish on when you take up the slack. If not, give it a couple of twitches where it lies, then retrieve normally.

I find I catch more on the drop and pause, than on the retrieve. Except in the shallows.

Thanks for the tips. I just read what you said about the screw lock in another thread and that is the way that my husband like to rig the baits. He swears by them.

Great thread, good times and nice fish.

WTG!

8-)