Sign in to follow this  
SirSnookalot

Good morning

Bite is still on for me 3 snook( 31") 1 cuda and some moonfish

ejtt10.jpg

Bite is still on for me 3 snook( 31") 1 cuda and some moonfish

ejtt10.jpg

And ten toes.  I like the dolly with the bungee cord.

Enquiring minds want to know, what's in the Walgreen bag?

The rag, the cast net, you've got it all.  ;)

Only the fish are mine, the buckets belong to another. The walgreen bag had sardines in it, they will take it home and freeze it for later use.

I only carry 1 pliers, 2 rods one with a surgical tube and the other with a bomber lure that has been on it for 2 days. The latter has caught 6 snook and 2 cudas with out a change and it's still on there for tomorrow. Most pier casters only carry 1 rod with a lure on it, I'm the exception with 2 rods. Bait fisherman carry all kinds of crap, they generally catch the bigger fish.

That Walgreens bag is what we call a redneck tacklebox!

The photo is reminiscent of bridge fishing around here. Probably almost anywhere that bridges or seawall are fished from.

The ubiquitous bag of goodies, at least a couple of buckets, maybe some type of carrier, and the grass, weed or whatever the tide may sweep onto the line.

Several years ago, more than I care to remember, my wife and I went on a trip with my parents. We stayed in a trailer park in St. Augustine. (1968 or 69)

Fished off one of the piers just south of ST. Augustine.

Where we stayed had a tidal area behind it. Saw some fish jumping so I got out my freshwater rod, rigged it with a small hula popper. After several hits at it, I finally managed to hook one of the jumping fish. Turned out to be a baby/young Tarpon.

An elderly gent came along with a casting net to get some mullet for bait. Struck up a conversation, and the next thing you know, he was teaching me how to toss the net.

I managed a few decent throws, and we ended up with a bunch of mullet.

He showed me how to rig 'em for pier fishing. I caught a couple of nice redfish or drum, and my dad got a nice king mackerel.

Then something took my bait and slowly stripped a couple of hundred yards of fifteen pound mono and never slowed.

Took it all. It broke at the reel. Probably a shark.

That's the extent of my Florida fishing. All in all, a great experience.

Took it all.  It broke at the reel.  Probably a shark

Most likely and that is the very reason I tape instead of tying line onto the spool.

I caught 2 lemons about 150# apiece back to back with a spinning outfit last summer, landed both of them, over an hour for each.

Juvy tarpon are my favorite.

Good job! Can I come down and visit this winter?

Better come in the summer, ocean bite is very slow in the winter, that's when I bass & peacock fish.

Took it all. It broke at the reel. Probably a shark

Most likely and that is the very reason I tape instead of tying line onto the spool.

I caught 2 lemons about 150# apiece back to back with a spinning outfit last summer, landed both of them, over an hour for each.

Juvy tarpon are my favorite.

Fortunately, it was the line that broke.  Re-reading my post, it could be understood that the rod broke.  I had the good sense to point the rod at the fish as it stripped off the last few yards of line.

I also made a correction on a prior post.  It was '68 or '69, not '89.

As an aside, it seems that most of the posting at this time of night/morning is done by us "older guys".  Noticed the same tendency on other forums as well.

I would hazard a guess that most of us see a urologist on a regular basis.

Better come in the summer, ocean bite is very slow in the winter, that's when I bass & peacock fish.

Even Better!