Sign in to follow this  
TN basstracker

Pics from Glenn Springs lake in West TN 3-9-09

Myself and cdtac1 from here on the site went out to Glenn Springs yesterday. Found huge balls of threadfin shad busting the surface in 25-35 ft of water. Water temps were 54-58 degrees. Bass were showing up on the graph suspending under the fish from 5-20 ft deep. I caught the first few by casting a 1/2 oz trap past the school and stopping it and yo-yoing it back to the boat. Caught several like that. Switched to a swarming hornet 1/2 oz lead head jig with a tiny willow leaf blade on it and tipped it with an albino Lake Fork magic shad and just mixed up dead sticking it, jigging it and swimming it. It literally seemed like I had a fish every cast for about an hour. The balls of shad finally went deeper and we switched to suspending jerkbaits and wore em out that way. Whatever size the first couple fish were in that school was indicative of the size of the entire school. Flat wore out the 2-3 lbers. Most all were around 16-18 inches long. A boat with 2 women pulled up and we're trying to crappie fish with minnows and I swear I never saw em catch a crappie, but they flat wore the bass out. I know they caught 2 or 3 around 4 lbs. I ended up with 29 fish and I think cdtac1 had at least 20. Awesome day. Here's a few pics.  For some odd reason, the date is right on the camera but the time is out of whack.

Marchfish09001.jpg

Marchfish09002.jpg

Marchfish09003.jpg

Marchfish09004.jpg

Marchfish09005.jpg

Marchfish09006.jpg

Marchfish09007.jpg

Marchfish09008.jpg

good looking fish the two of you have. Looking foward to go out an wet a line or two myself. keep the pictures comeing.

memo

You guys did good.

Next time SMILE when you are having your photo taken.  ;D

You guys did good.

Next time SMILE when you are having your photo taken. ;D

Sorry bout that Sam!  Fishing was fast and furious and I was caught up in the moment,  trying to snap a quick pic and get the fish released and line back in the water to do it all over!  Tough job!

I have never fished the lake. If you have an extra

seat sometime, I'd like to go with you.

-Kent  a.k.a. roadwarrior

8-)

I have never fished the lake. If you have an extra

seat sometime, I'd like to go with you.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

8-)

Anytime. I'm usually by myself in my boat.  Just happened to backseat out of my buddies boat the last couple trips.  Bring lots of Senkos and Flukes!  I've sold Skillet on that lake the last couple years!

Bring lots of Senkos and Flukes!

I don't leave home without 'em!

8-)

Bring lots of Senkos and Flukes!

I don't leave home without 'em!

8-)

I hear ya.  Loads of grass in that lake.  Lots of people complain about it every year, but I love it!  

lots of nice football shaped bass... those tend to fight hard! great job.

Wow, that looks like a great day.  I bet you guys had an awesome time.  I've never heard of Glenn Springs.  Looks like a great place.  Congrats.

Man, look at the guts on those things! Nice job man!!!