Sign in to follow this  
BassinSoldier

Kentucky Lake last Monday

I went out for about four hours with a buddy of mine that I'm teaching to fish with lures.  He's a success story of mine, bringing him over from the bucket brigade, but that's a different post.  I launched at Boswell near Paris, TN and went across the bay from where we put in.  My pond hopper doesn't have a depth finder so I had to do my homework the night before and boy did it pay off!  I found a main lake point that comes out from the shore about 75 yards thats in about 5 feet of water and has a saddle in the middle of it.  To make matters better, the main river channel comes within about 10 yards of said point.  We were sitting in about 20ft. throwing up into 5 feet at different angles.  In about 4 hours we had boated over 25 (5 were his, but he had the wrong rod for throwing a jig...he had to have missed or lost at least 10 fish, poor guy).  Nothing real huge but there were a few 3 or so pounders in the mix, and it we had a blast!  The weapon of choice for the day was a black and blue football head finesse jig tipped with the deadly rage craw.  About 3/4 of my fish fell to that.  A few took a shaky head after they had seen the jig too many times, and then i popped a couple with a small x-rap that I would burn through that saddle I mentioned.  Hope ya'll like the pics!

post-3004-130162992246_thumb.jpg

post-3004-130162992249_thumb.jpg

post-3004-130162992253_thumb.jpg

Nice to see your gettin' out!  Glad your bud was able to boat a few anyways.  How's the new rod treating you?

WTG Soldier, got any of those Bobber Stoppers you can send me....I'm out of'em ;D and if I come out your way, will you take me fishin' too :)

BTW glad you're still havin' some fun on Kentucky Lake. Be safe and tell Brian hey for me

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Keep it up and you'll be able to guide on that lake part time.   ;)

What are the chances of catching some nice fish down there in late Sept. or early Oct?

I have the option of hitting either KY of LOZ, I am leaning KY obviously. I went in July last year and it was real hot, we didnt do well. We trolled the canal, caught a couple but seemed like we should have done much better.  

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are some CHUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and your friend catch many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's that new rod working out?

8-)