Sign in to follow this  
nepatsfan87

Rick Taylor's Prime Time Calendars

I've caught a lot of big fish on the wrong days and at the wrong time. I wouldn't like to get caught up in all that- Primetime is any time you're on the water!

My biggest largemouth have been caught between 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM, on some of the hotest days of summer with bluebird skies...Go figure. Two of my best smallmouth outings this year were on cold days with a rising barometer...Now that's not supppose to happen either.

I would be reluctant to restrict my fishing to "Primetime".

I would take more time finding out where to find the fish and not as much on when to fish.

I agree with Roadwarrior.  Alot of big bass have been caught on sub-par days and seasons.  I used to get caught up with those calendars, but now the best time to go is when I get time to go.  I look at it this way, we're never guaranteed tomorrow.  We might as well make the most of today, and if I can fish today, then I'll fish today.  I don't really worry about catching alot.  I just enjoy getting out on the water and enjoying God's creation!

My biggest bass was a 5 Lb. 4 oz. on a really shallow and weedy lake in Minnesota.  It was mid July sunny and about 90 degrees.  I got only one fish that day.  Nothing was working so i was casting a skitter pop in the holes in the weeds.  I twitched it once or twice than let it sit.  The 5 pounder hammered it!!! I think it was around 1 p.m.

I have never had a problem catching fish when the fish weren't suppose to be biting....lol