Sign in to follow this  
leanback24

river with bass

I don't think every river has bass in them,but in the deep South where I live they all do.I've even caught small bass in a creek on my land that's only 3-4 feet wide.

In the Midsouth all the rivers have bass unless they are fed from the bottom of a reservoir, like the White River or Red River, then they have been tranformed to trout streams. The Spring River is the only natural cold water river that I am aware of in the region and smallmouth are even caught in this river (they may spawn in some of the warmer tributaries).

Id say there are bass in 95% if not more rivers in the United states. Its just a matter of finding where they like to live. Plus getting permission fom the land owners to fish that section or launch a boat or canoe.

Generally most rivers empty in or are fed from a lake or another river.

theres a river running out of my lake but it goes through a dam first so i dont know... Someone recently told me theres trout there... i was like theres no way, theres not even trout in my lake.. and i doubt somebody stocked it

I live on the Ohio and am really beginning to wonder if it has any fish in it. I fished an ABA tourney on the Ohio last summer and I think 3  fish (about 12-13 inches) were weighed out of around 45 boats. I think those were the only 3 that were left in the Ohio. With all of the barrells,tires and trees floating out there you would think they have plenty of places to live. I am going to spend a lot of time this summer trying to find those 3 bass again since our bass club has decided to have 2 tournaments on the river, yes 2!!