Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Barr

Spawn/cold front

i had a problem this weekend and the water temp was in the low 60's and a cold front passed through 2 days earlier, there were no spawning fish and i did not now where to look for fish in these conditions, i punched throuhg mats and caught a couple.

My conditions were similar Saturday morning: A couple of inches of rain Friday, temperatures dropping into the high 30's, high winds, overcast and most importantly, bass in post spawn.

I was fishing a small pond with high, stained water. The previous weekend I had success with a white Slug-Go, but not this Saturday. Switched to a Fat Ika and slayed 'em.

Pulled all of my hair out yesterday because I couldn't figure the fish out. Walleye_Joe and I went fishing here on Texoma after a cold front and after the FLW tournament. Fishing wasn't good at all. Caught a 4lb largemouth, dink smallmouth, dink spotted bass, and a 3lb striper.

But did see the biggest striper I've ever seen in person. That dude was huge and trying to take the crankbait out of the 4lb largemouth's mouth at the boat! Ask Walleye_Joe, I was freaking out trying to to grab something to get in the water in front of that monster while trying not to lose the largemouth I had on. All we could do was laugh about it!

I've seen a 20lb striper and this guy was as big if not bigger!

When a cold front hits fish tend to hold tight to cover.   In this instance I will usually use a plastic worm or lizard or something of that category to pick apart the cover.