Sign in to follow this  
mtangtong

Do fish hide under hanging trees?

Hey,  does anyone know if fish will stay under the a hanging tree limb that is not in the water or for that matter will fish hide in a tree limb that has dropped in the water?

yes, because that cover will provide shade and food, try skipping a 3 inch tube underneath the hanging limb on spinning tackle

yeah never pass up an oppurtunity to fish in these types of areas. the fish may not be big all the time but in my experience you'll almost always get a bite, i like throwing a tiki-stik or senko type bait wacky rigged as far under there as i can.

YES, We won a tournament this last Sun. doing this.We had 20.5lbs. and we lost 3 big bass in this one over hanging tree,we fished for 6 hrs. and had over 30 bass in the boat.We were skipping senkos T- rigged under the tree. The big bass we lost ,one was a good 5lbs and the other two were over 6 lbs. of the bass we came to the scale with were 2lbs. to 4 lbs. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes. especially during windy, rainy, or really hot days. on windy and rainy days, insects fall from the limb into the water, attracting baitfish, which attract bass. on hot days, sunny days they like the shade.

The answer is a big YES!

In fact, the last time I fished Morse, I flipped a tube to a small overhanging branch that had about a dozen leaves on it that was about 6" above the water.  The bass sitting right under it slammed that bait and headed straight under the boat.

I have done similar things on a lot of lakes.

Limbs in the water, no matter how small, can hold a fish, especially if they are the only one on a large stretch of shoreline.  There once as a great limb that layed on a bank in my local lake.  It was the only cover in 80 yards of shoreline.  It was not very big, but it always held a fish.  Every time I fished it, I would get a fish.  Was really nice in tournaments.

If I see any slight wood on or over the water and the fish are shallow, I will hit that target with a bait.

Brad

You bet! ;)