Sign in to follow this  
reelon

Crystal Clear lakes

Plastics! Soft jerbaits, senko, tubes, worms, topwater early, rattletraps, carolina rig

finnesse fishing. zoom trick worms rigged weightless.

The lake grass lots of grass and hydrilla. I hope that I can have better luck than today. I went and only got one small one on a color black senko.  :-[ But let keep trying  ;D

try fishing over the grass with spinnerbaits nad shallow cranks.

what is the main forage food for the bass in this lake. try and match that in the color of you lures. i like firetiger to match bluegill, and chrome to match shad

Lighter line, smaller lures, natural colors, just what the rest of the gang said, all of them are good recommendations, my advice has nothing to do with "what" but with how you should approach it, clear gin lakes are quite challenging for a simple reason, clear water allow the fish to see you and that 's probably the most important thing of all so first don 't dress in hot and bright colors, a bright orange shirt is exactly that, you look like a traffic warning sign, if you 're fishing from the bank blend with the environment, wear greens and browns, if you 're fishing from a boat wear blues and grays that way you will blend with the sky; do not move abruptly, sudden movement scares the fish away, use stealth approach, do not use flourescent line ( it glows and looks like a neon tube ) use clear, moss green or smoke, I do not recommend braided line either, it looks as thick as a rope, be careful not to cast your shadow over the spot you intend to cast in, look for shade and fish from the bright side into the shady side of objects, get ready to fish deep water, fish in clear water lakes are normally found in deep waters when there are no weeds so it 's normal to catch them in more than 12 ft of water.

Flourocarbon line is a must imo.  Natural color jigs is my preferance.

I was using the vanish transition line when I fished it. But I will respool with stren today and try out again maybe tomorrow. I have seen lot of bait fish in very shallow water, almost in the shore of lake. I have been fishing from some docks and the shore.

I use trilene XL in low vis. green color. its almost invisible and its pretty strong too.