Sign in to follow this  
Chris

I wish lure companies where more creative

I always love fishing something different something new. I get so tired of companies coming out with their version of the same old lure. If your going to make a lizard make it different than the ones I already have for example. If its a senko style bait make one that looks like a baitfish or with more salt or something different. Maybe bigger or shaped different. I wish companies would look to the future and grow instead of beating the same drum as other companies. The fact that a company makes something different is why people buy them.

You could try some japanese lures and soft plastics, they are anything but ordinary or common like the Tetenchiku, the Squid, the Puchi-Ebi, the Gori-Gori, the Padtue, the Lady Fish or the Composite Twin.

You could try some japanese lures and soft plastics, they are anything but ordinary or common like the Tetenchiku, the Squid, the Puchi-Ebi, the Gori-Gori, the Padtue, the Lady Fish or the Composite Twin.

Raul, where might one buy these baits?  Give it up! ;D

Guest avid

Ebay is a great place to find off the wall baits.  You need to be able to tolerate a certain degree of risk, but if you pay attention to feedback and your own gut you can get some neat stuff.

There are several sources Abel, SpecialtyTackle is one in the US, Hot tackle in Europe ( they ship to the US ) is another, Marukyu in Japan is another source ( don 't know if they ship to the US ). I get some of mine in Hot Tackle ( my uncle lives in Spain ), others I get them in Japan ( I have a very good Japanese friend that has a couple of restaurants in the city ) so when they are going to travel I place my orders and have them shipped in case of Hot Tackle to my uncle 's adress in Spain, in case of my friend I have them shipped to his brother 's adress in Japan, so when they arrive they bring me my baits.

Others I get them here in the city, León is the manufacturing capital of the shoe, everything in Leon has to do with shoes, factories, tanneries, etc., poliurethane is a very important raw matter for manufacturing rubber soles, soft plastic baits are made of PU so we get factory 2nds and 3rds by the truckloads as rejects, it 's just a matter of having "connections" in the sole factories, a fishing buddy purchases them by the pound, which actually means dirt cheap. A pound of senkos is a whole lotta senkos   :o, he purchases a bunch of pounds, selects the baits that are almost 1 st class, return the rejects and have them exchanged for another bunch of pounds and do the same thing all over again, he makes a living of that, I purchase the baits to him, for example he sells a bag with 50 senkos at 100 pesos ( about 10 dollars ).