Sign in to follow this  
Guest avid

Anyone fish weighted Senko's

Guest avid

Howdy y'all, I checked allot of the artciles in Glenns post about Senko's but didn't fing much on fishing them weighted.  I know the lure was designed to be fished weightless but I'm sure their are guys out there using them successfully with bullet sinkers or some other kind of weight. Let's from ya'

I've T-rigged a 4" senko and I caught a walleye AND a bass on the same day like that so I guess it works but I don't know the action of it when it falls. ???

I have fished them on a carolina rig, that still gives it the weightless action but uses weight so I dont know if that qualifies :-/

Guest avid

Is anyone fishing them like a worm on a weighted texas rig?  Or is this a waste of time because you lose all the senko action?

I do.  I'll fish them with a pegged 1/8 oz. bullet weight.  It allows me to fish it fast and the Senko still 'swims' like a bait fish.  Give it a try.

I fish the 5" Senkos on a straight shank, round bend Gammie 4/0 with screw in Florida weights.  I do wuite well with them rigged this way around wood or grass beds when I want a faster fall or a to get the bait down in the cover.

Brad

That gives me an idea. I pour my own and would only have to leave out the salt for the Senko copy's tail to be at a 45 degree angle to bottom. (Plastic floats with no salt.)

I've always used action tail worms for bottom scratching, but my recent success with 3.5" t-rigged salted tubes with a 1/8 oz bullet weight leads me to think that a fat stick may work as good rigged and worked the same way.

Guest avid

Thanks for the advice.  I'll give it a try with a light screw in bullet sinker.

Yes.  I fish them with a weight most of the time, but I don't do it with a pegged bullet weight.  I actually peg the sinker about 5-6 inches above the Senko.  I use the 5 inch version here.

This gives the image that something is movingo along the bottom, since the weight is ahead of the lure, and then, you have the lure behind the weight.

It catches a lot of bass.  It's something different than most people give them to look at.  

I also have fished them on a jighead, and caught quite a few on the 4 inch version.  

the ci-rig is a really good option.  my favorite thing to do, is if they are like a faster fall, i will take a 1in. piece of a thin wire metal coat hanger, and stick in the middle of the body of the senko, your action is increased do to the more pressure of the water on the tial as it falls, and the bait falls faster.  i have had days when they completely ignore a slow falling senko, but when i put that weight inside of it, they aboslutly crush it!

good luck

Nope, not me. I always fish the Senko and the Fat Ika weightless.

Weighted presentations:

I fish the Kut-Tail on a jighead in relatively open water, otherwise T-rigged (unpegged).

Kreature, T-rigged (unpegged). I might give this a try C-rigged, too.

Gitzit, inserted jighead in open water, otherwise, T-rigged (unpegged).

Lizard, C-rigged, sometimes split shot.