Sign in to follow this  
nacsa

Deps basirisky

Is anyone use this bait? I want to buy one, but the price is very hot.

I want to use is for bass, and northern pike.

So my question is . Work this bait right? how about the hook setting rate?

Which colours work right?

How far can you cast it?

Often landing the bait it's back?

Thank you very much

http://www.basstackledepot.com/depsbasiriskyfrog.aspx

Nacsa

Have one. Used it a few times last year. Bone Crackle but, I used black permanent marker to make spots on its side like frog pattern. Casting distance is good, like Spro Bronzeye. Just retrieve like you do buzzbait.

Try a weedless Jitterbug.

Have one. Used it a few times last year. Angola Python but, I used black permanent marker to make spots on its side like frog pattern. Casting distance is good, like Spro Bronzeye. Just retrieve like you do buzzbait.

Next time I catch a frog, im going to bring that sucker home, hold him down and copy his belly pattern onto my frog with a marker, then release him the next day ;D.

Can't do it at the park... people would think im molesting the thing... :-/

Allright.

Cause I fish several lakes with full of water lily and other vegetation, so it seem good, but very expensive choise.

I think this will be good for me, but I don't want to spend for much colour. I can buy just only one.

I don't believe in theese videos only. So _I'm curius for your experiences.

I think the chartreuse colour would be good, or better to choose a natural colour? I wanna you it for northern pike too.

I use to have one....but it's in a tree just high enough that I can't get to it. :'(

It's pricey but very nice. Casts a mile, very soft plastic body so no problems with hooking up.  I found that it had better wobbling action on a slow retrieve and it has a belly weight like the spros so it'll sit on it's belly. I don't know how well it's gonna hold up to the northerns tho.

It flat out catches fish. Must be retrieved very slowly just like a Jitterbug. Hookups are very good since the body is super soft.

Will also carch fish in areas with little or no cover.

Can it be used with mono in sparse cover on a 7' MH rod, or will it require braid to get the hoooks home?  Basically would buzzbait equipment work for this "frog" or is a typical frog set up required to get the single hoook driven in in buzzbait spots?

Thanks.

Steve

Don't you think that the lure is a little expensive for Pike?  Those critters have teeth! I have a few old Mepps spinners that have the scars to prove it.  I would try something a little cheaper for the pike and save the lil feller for the bass.

Initially, I threw it on my spinnerbait gear, and had issues with hooksets.  Switched to 50# braid, and a heavy frog rod, and issue resolved.  Nice bait - I like the smaller size.  Have something rigged and ready to throw as a follow up, regardless of what frog bait you're throwing.

The Basirisky is a great bait.  The body is very soft and will collapse easily, so you can get by with heavy mono and a stout rod in open water and still get decent hooksets.  In cover, I'd be using braid though.

It is a single hook bait though, so you have the chance of missing the fish.

The smaller size is better IMO as fish can eat it better, but the larger size has a great profile for bigger fish.

A steady, slow retrieve is all that is needed for that nize plop. plop, plop.

I do not know about pike.  Teeth and hollow frogs do not seem like a good match IMO.

Brad