Sign in to follow this  
Guest avid

This months inside line mag

Guest avid

whenever a post has come up about good fishing magazines I always recommend Gary Yamamoto's Inside Line.  But this months issue is a hoot.  The cover has a photo of a woman "Kathy Magers - Legends of the Sport"

Legend? I never heard of her.  Personally I think it's great that women fish.  I'm glad my wife doesn't but hey that's me.  ;D  But this photo is a total hoot.  She has her hair perfectly coiffed, her nails are delicatly manicured and she is wearing  a huge diamond ring with matching earrings.  Personally I now feel totally "underdressed"   :-* :-* :-*

reminds me of the old womens baseball league during WWII  :) those pictures were a hoot...

AL

I'm going to tell you something some of the gals that your starting to see more of these days because of the female tournament circuit have been beating the guys on the various bass tournaments around the country for several years now. Some of them are very knowledgeable and know how to catch fish. Jimmy Houston's wife for example has racked up a few trophies in her time just to name one off the top of my head. I think its great for the sport and I am glad someone has started something just for them.  :)

Guest avid

Chivalry is not dead  ;)  

Good for you Chris,  I knew someone would jump in to defend the damsals in distress.  ;)

Seriously, I have no problem with woman fishing, There are exceptional female athletes in all endeavors.  Have any of you seen Layla Ali box?  I'll bet she could beat the tar out most men.

But it was that photo.  It was totally posed and to see a woman with hair, makeup, outfit, and jewelry all just perfect, holding a bass like she just caught it was just plain ridiculous.  I'm sure she could out fish me on any given day. But I'm sorry if the fact that I got a huge laugh out of this totally staged photo op, offends anyone, but there are a number of bass fishing legends who deserve recognition before this woman does.  I am disappointed in Inside Line for choosing political correctness over being genuine.

PS.  the one highlight of the issue was an informative article by Triton Mike.

Kathy Magers and Debra Hengst are two Texas ladies that don't need a man in their boat when it comes to catching fish.     Sticking fish with a variety of methods is not a problem for either women.

whenever a post has come up about good fishing magazines I always recommend Gary Yamamoto's Inside Line. But this months issue is a hoot. The cover has a photo of a woman "Kathy Magers - Legends of the Sport"

Legend? I never heard of her. Personally I think it's great that women fish. I'm glad my wife doesn't but hey that's me. ;D But this photo is a total hoot. She has her hair perfectly coiffed, her nails are delicatly manicured and she is wearing a huge diamond ring with matching earrings. Personally I now feel totally "underdressed" :-* :-* :-*

I can second that on her being a Legend...Haven't heard of her personally... :-? :-? :-? ::)

reminds me of the old womens baseball league during WWII :) those pictures were a hoot...

AL

what I meant by this was in the old days of this league they would take pictures of the ladies all dressed up and looking "lady like" didn't anyone see the movie league of their own? they even made them learn how to walk lady like...

What is wrong with fishing in nice stuff? I usually wear a $1,000 diamond

ring (my wedding ring) and one of my expensive watches (I just got another

$700 Movado watch when I was in Grand Cayman last week). So what? That

is just my style. Some might not like it, but I do and that's all that matters.

I personally think it's cool that women anglers get the respect that they

earned. It is no different than golfer Annika Sorenstam. She can put a

nice whoopin' on most men golfers. You have heard of her right?

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with a woman being on the cover of a fishing magazine no matter how she dresses (if she deserves it).

JT Bagwell

Bar none, the greatest fishing partner in my life, is my wife.

("RoLo" equals Roger & Lois)

I was wondering how many of you guys read GQ? Will you admit to it?

Based on this quote:

What is wrong with fishing in nice stuff? I usually wear a $1,000 diamond

ring (my wedding ring) and one of my expensive watches (I just got another

$700 Movado watch when I was in Grand Cayman last week). So what? That

is just my style. Some might not like it, but I do and that's all that matters.

It sounds like JT might be a subscriber ;D :o;)