Sign in to follow this  
janalon

5 fish and 5 alive!

I fish the hot florida lakes whereas sometimes a bass will die in the most perfect live well.

What are some of the additives that one my put in their live well to help the fish make the weigh in, better more make the release.

Rejuvinade is good stuff.It will make a fish puke up anything he has just eaten,but it really keeps fish in good shape.

Rejuvinade is good stuff.It will make a fish puke up anything he has just eaten,but it really keeps fish in good shape.

+1 Rejuvenade   www.bassmedics.om

Another thing that is  a big help is ice.

I have a lot of articles on this posted on the site.  Start here, http://www.bassresource.com/fish_biology/caring_for_bass.html  and then follow the links at the bottom of the page.

Add a recirc aerator to your livewell system if you don't have one. (and run it in addition to your regular fresh water draw pump)  Here in TX, we face the same issues... I added a recirc kit to my livewell and have not lost a fish in the 5 years its been installed.

One other thing to note is that livewell pumps and aerator heads need to be checked periodically... heads will clog and many times you won't know it because you hear the pump cycling on and off.