Sign in to follow this  
bassin  baller

tournament

i am doing a small tournament in michigan  and i was wondering what type of lures i should use i dont have much luck in the spring only with spawning fish. but the lake is semi clear and is pretty deep theres a little bit of weeds and quite a few docks. theres one area where there are alot of brush back in this cove where i have caught a few before. i was just wondering what type of lures i should use. most of my luck is on finnese worm on a jighead for this lake cuz its a pretty clean bottom. but if this doesnt work idk what will. so any help would be awesome.

I AGREE WITH PAPA SMURF. THOSE ARE ALL GOOD CHOICES. NEVER IGNORE A BOAT DOCK NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF YEAR.

HEY BASSIN BALLER, WHAT PART OF MICHIGAN ARE YOU FROM?

A couple of specific lures that shine in the spring when the water is still cold: Jerkbaits, Rat-L-Trap, C-rigged lizards and Hula Grubs.  

HI BASSIN BALLER, I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED I'M FROM CHESTERFIELD TWP. I HAVE A HOME ON LAKE ST. CLAIR. SO IF YOU EVER ARE IN THE AREA AND WANT TO DO SOME GREAT SMALLMOUTH FISHING LET ME KNOW.

I am suprised no one asked what time of year this tourney is taking place.  I know you mentioned the spawn but it is very important to take into account what stage of the spawn the fish will be in during your tourney.  If you could post a date, we all might be able to help you out some more.  

Jeff