Sign in to follow this  
volman33

Creek

I mostly fish a small creek in my town...there is a small pool that i frequently fish...i can see the fish in it and it is maybe 3-4 ft. deep...there are a couple of 1 and a half pound smallmouth in there some catfish and bream...what lure would  work best....i fish it with a rooster tail ive tried all size combinations and colors and ive tried varying my retrieve speed but they just wont bite...please give me some help yall :)

well i think rooster tails are for trout but dosent mean u wont catch any bass with it

i would try a shallow running crankbait i use mostly rapalas and ther reealy good for shallow water and to bring the bass up

have u tried any jigs? if u havent i suggest u try  

Catching fish that you see can really be tough. My guess is that if you are able to catch one from that pool then the other fish will spook and that will be that. Your spot sounds perfect for a flyrod but if that's not your thing then try really small lures in natural colors. Stream fish feed a great deal on insects and very small minnows so try and match the hatch. Ultralite rod and reel w/4-6lb. test. Try beetle spins, marabou jigs and 2" grubs. Try lures in the 1/32oz catagory. Pitch a small marabou jig in the pool and just let it sit for a couple of minutes. Sometimes they can't stand it being there and will bite it.

You might also wait until the rains muddy up the stream a little, then try. GOOD LUCK