Sign in to follow this  
Bass Bro

Rapala CD-9

This is IMHO an excellent bait. It sinks about a foot a second.

Cast well past your intended target and count down until it is at the depth you desire. Begin your retrieve. You can crank it back idiot style (ie, retreive it back just by cranking) or mix up your retrieve.

This is a great bait to use especially if you know the depth the fish are. It will also work on many species, not just bass. The 9 I believe means it is 9 cm. There are size 5s and 7s that you can also use.

Choose colors you know work on the fish in your lake. If not, it doesn't hurt to experiment.

This is IMHO an excellent bait. It sinks about a foot a second.

Cast well past your intended target and count down until it is at the depth you desire. Begin your retrieve. You can crank it back idiot style (ie, retreive it back just by cranking) or mix up your retrieve.

This is a great bait to use especially if you know the depth the fish are. It will also work on many species, not just bass. The 9 I believe means it is 9 cm. There are size 5s and 7s that you can also use.

Choose colors you know work on the fish in your lake. If not, it doesn't hurt to experiment.

have you used these? Have you caught many bass with them?

i have used the bait, just not the #9. the bait does catch fish, all types of fish. last time i used it i caught more bluegill than anything. i like the action of the bait. the bait can be used as a jerk bait or a toss and crank.

CDs are great baits, very underutilized and very little talked about. As has already been said, they'll catch anything that swims. Most of my fishing for bass would be with the #7 and #9.

I'm just discovering the CD minnows.  I really like the Dive-To series but the CD's let you drop your lure to any depth you like.  I like the flexibility of these lures.