Sign in to follow this  
fishingJ

help for all you pond fishers

There's this bass pond that I fish down the street from my house and I have noticed with the recent weather that I have only bin getting an average of about 2 bass each time I went. I was mainly using cranks, spinners, and dark coloured worms. The pond is also a little merky. I went there today and through on a 4" bright yellow action-tail worm with a 1/8 ounce jig and just regularly rigged. I ended up pulling out 15 bass including a nice 3 pounder which is pretty big for this pond. Anyway from my experience it's the bright coloured worms that are working well under these conditions. Hopefully that will help anyone interested, if not it was good typing practice.

Same thing happened to me today. I was fishing with a dark worm for a good 30 mins. , then switched to a bright watermelon seed. About 3 casts with it I was reeling one in. I ended up catching around 10 bass that day.

Great success witht he bright colors lately.

Nice Job man!!!

A little FYI......bright colors in murky water and darker colors in clear water work well..

And anyone who fishes rivers or moving water try using a chartruese colored shallow diving crank...will be worth it trust me:)