Sign in to follow this  
jig

which scale to get ?

was going to get the boga grips but was wondering if there were any others some might suggest that would be as accurrate and perhaps less expensive ?  

I recommend the Boga Grips.  It's a precision tool and will last a lifetime.

If you must get something else, I would recommend avoiding any grip that has teeth like these.  They can tear up a fish's mouth.

Depending upon your purchase and quality and accuracy that you are wanting, in my opinion there is nothing that will top a Cul-M-Rite.  I pretty much only use a scale tournament fishing and the difference in a couple of ounces can pay for the scale itself 10 fold ... accuracy and quality are most important to me.

Steve

In my opinion, Boga Grip is the only way to go.

Falcon

I have the X-Tool Electric, floating scale and would recommend just bringing you bathroom scale over this thing.  I have weighed the same fish 4 different times and gotten four different weights.  Unfortunately those weights were also way off from each other.  As large as a 9 OZ difference.

I have read, and I believe it, that a quality spring scale is the most reliable. Having said that, I've always used those $2530 digital scales from Rapala and Berkley. What might be the best value for you depends on what degree of accuracy and reliability you really need (or want). For a recreational fisherman like me it doesn't matter a whole lot if the scale is off by a couple of ounces.

Whatever you get, I strongly recommend testing it a few times per year by weighing stuff that's already been weighed on a certified scale at your supermarket or elsewhere.