Sign in to follow this  
mrbassky

Biggest knockoff in lure history-of the Spro BBZ-1

The Dingo looks dead on a Spro BBZ-1. Unless you count the yellow fin and the fact that it is listed at 8.5in. I love the fact that they even have the same LATERAL LINE.   Maybe they are junk but I heard some good things on some other forums. And the price is hard to believe at $15. Dont get me wrong the hooks and components may not be great but even if you need to replace them its still a great deal. I havent tried these (or the BBZ-1, next on my list, maybe after 1 more Mattlures hardgill). But the seller talks a good game about not spending money on advertising and packaging. Who knows...

http://www.tackleindustries.com/swimbaitbassbait.html

heres a video of the lure

here is a video of the BBZ-1

http://www.***.com/videos/S ... ode=SPBBZS

if do decide to advertise I could see the commercial as being something like a Fosters commercial..

Dingo....Australian for BBZ-1

;D

post-14601-130162879886_thumb.jpg

[Aren't Chinese knockoffs great?    /quote]

Probably made from a mixture of lead, rat poison and anti freeze.

RTTL-CSD.JPG

spro.jpg

for some reason this looks kind of similar to ::o

Yeah but the Dingo and BBZ-1 are alot more similar. They even have the same lateral line. :D

There will always be a demand for knockoffs in the tackle industry due to the popularity, high price and/or poor availability of the original product.

Someone will try to make it better.  Someone will try to make it cheaper.  Someone will try to meet the demand you can't fill.

It may not be popular, but it is necessary.  Otherwise, a lot of the baits we all use, love and can afford would not exist.

There will always be a demand for knockoffs in the tackle industry due to the popularity, high price and/or poor availability of the original product.

Someone will try to make it better. Someone will try to make it cheaper. Someone will try to meet the demand you can't fill.

It may not be popular, but it is necessary. Otherwise, a lot of the baits we all use, love and can afford would not exist.

A lot of companies will buy from the same factory that produces these lures, get the same exact thing, maybe put different hooks and a new package around it and call them their own.  

There will always be companies trying to make a product that is already being produced that much "cheaper" to get the crowd that may not be able to afford the top-of-the-line model to give them their money.  Luckily there are websites like this to help us decide what is a knock-off and what is the real deal.

I just picked up an 11 pack from a popular auction site for about a $100 from the guy who I think is also the maker of this lure. Got to tell you, copy or not these are rock solid baits! LOL I did not even know they came with an extra tail with each lure and they look like they will fit the SPROs I have that need a tail replacement for my 2009 season. The tails alone would have cost me $55 (+S/H) from SPRO! Got it wet in the bath tub on a string and it sure looks like it will swim just fine. Little too much ice out right now for me to get them wet for real. Video he has showing them swim sold it for me.

The tails alone would have cost me $55 (+S/H) from SPRO!

You can get a replacement set for $4.79 at TW. :D

http://www.***.com/descpageSPROACCSPROSWIM-SPBBFT.html

SPBBFT-RW.JPG

A lot of companies will buy from the same factory that produces these lures, get the same exact thing, maybe put different hooks and a new package around it and call them their own.

I'm sure that the Dingo is made in the exact same factory in china as the BBZ-1.

Both my wife and I have some ideas about some products we want to create and then sell so I asked my brother the attorney for his thoughts.

He said that if the product is successful, the Asian market will copy it and then flood the marketplace for far less than what we would sell the products.

The only good a patent attorney would be to us is to continue to fight the illegals, which will cost time and money.

So far, we have put our ideas on hold until we retire and then we may revisit our ideas once again.

It seems that any successful American product will be copied by others even if you have a patent.

And this post once again highlights that statement.  >:D

It seems that any successful American product will be copied by others even if you have a patent.

Spro Lures are a chinese product.