Sign in to follow this  
SBM-RL

Better Senses

Has anyone ever heard how if u take away 1 sense your other become stronger well i was thinking what if u fished with ur eyes closed or with earplugges or both do u think ur feel would be better? has anyone everdone this or heard of it?

My wife claims that's what I'm like when she talks to me. If that's true, I'm not sure that it improves any other of my senses, but it sure makes me thirsty.

It's funny you ask. I keep a pair of earplugs in my pocket for tournaments. When I am having trouble concentrating or my fishing partner is talking to much ;) I put them in. It works like a charm.

My wife claims that's what I'm like when she talks to me. If that's true, I'm not sure that it improves any other of my senses, but it sure makes me thirsty.

;D  ;D

If you did the earplug thing and eyes closed thing,you're feel would improve tremendously in my opinion......but your boat handling skills would suffer or if you're bank fishing,you may end up wet.

It takes time to get in tune with your baits. You can use the ear plugs, and close your eyes but it really takes 1000's of casts and months on the water if not years to get in tune with your baits to the point where you can tell if a bass sniffed your bait. It takes total concentration and time.

My two go-to lures: vibe and jig worm. I can feel a fish swirl in the near vicinity of either of these baits. Put any other lure in my hands and I cant tell nearly as much. I got to know these lures by fishing w/ my eyes closed...I was in the back of the boat and got accused of sleeping. Some times I do the same thing with a drop shot when the bite is real subtle...it really does help. I heard Van Dam say he could feel a fish swipe and miss his spinner bait... i didnt believe him until I really started concentrating on how the lure should feel.

It takes time to get in tune with your baits. You can use the ear plugs, and close your eyes but it really takes 1000's of casts and months on the water if not years to get in tune with your baits to the point where you can tell if a bass sniffed your bait. It takes total concentration and time.

Bingo, we have a winner.    

Matt.