Sign in to follow this  
ben23

Need help finding some things

I am doing a project for my Independent Research class about steps that youths can take in order to become fishing pros.

I am looking for a website that deals with aquiring sponsors, I remember seeign a couple websites a few years back that dealt with gettign people to pay your entry fees...........

anyone have any ideas/ know what I'm talking about, I need sources to use in my paper.

Thanks

Ben

8-)

Also, go through all of the back pages in the Resume section. There are several detailed posts from sponsors (business men and women) with specific suggestions on how to go about getting sponsorship.

Thanks for the help,

i should have been more specific,; I have already used many of the papers on this site, and plan on usuing them as sources in my paper.

I just remember looking at a couple sites before where I could buy a video/ packet about getting people to pay entry fees. I remember hearing alot of buzz about the website a while back, but cant seems to find it any more. Any help would be great guys, thanks

Ben

Leave it to Avid to once again put things in the right perspective.  Not from a fishing sense, but more business (which is really what we're talking about here), if you prove that you are a commodity worth selling then you will have too many offers to count.  Look at it in NASCAR terms (which as we all know is about the biggest corporate sponsored sport there is), if a driver stinks, the sponsors will tend to drop them, while guys that consistantly run in the front have million dollar contracts with companies.

Remember, though, that you'll have to be consistant to keep sponsorship.  Sponsors like to get a result for their monies.  Its not "What have you done in the past," it's "What have you done for me lately."

(BTW, I am just using my common sense/knowledge here.  I have never been sponsored by anyone for anything.  I could be completely wrong...)

Yeah, I'm not looking for the "How to get sponsors" for myself, as I already have some, but I just need reputable sources for my paper.......thanks for the help guys

Avid: Yeah winning tournaments helps, I won my club, State, And Championship Qualifier, so I'm heading to the Junior World Bassmaster Championship; I think it should really help me get noticed by sponsors....hopefully.

thanks guys

BEN

Fish for Free!!

Win a tournament.

Let the sponsers come to you

I'm sorry Avid, I do not agree with that statement at all.

This might work if your initials are KVD or if you are one of the top 50 but you likely have your sponsorships in line already but for the rest of the rats trying to get a crumb it means very little. Marketability and the ability to hold the interest of a prospective customer are the things that I look for in Staffers for my company. Low level tournament success maens very little in the grand scheme of things.

Guest avid
Fish for Free!!

Win a tournament.

Let the sponsers come to you

I'm sorry Avid, I do not agree with that statement at all.

This might work if your initials are KVD or if you are one of the top 50 but you likely have your sponsorships in line already but for the rest of the rats trying to get a crumb it means very little. Marketability and the ability to hold the interest of a prospective customer are the things that I look for in Staffers for my company. Low level tournament success maens very little in the grand scheme of things.

You have profoundly made my point.  If you want sponsorhsip that doesn't rape you of your autonomy, then prove yourself by being succesful.  If your satisfied with being another "rat scrambling for crumbs" then go around "presenting" yourself to would be sponsers.  Just be sure to bring plenty of vaseline

Guest avid
Yeah, I'm not looking for the "How to get sponsors" for myself, as I already have some, but I just need reputable sources for my paper.......thanks for the help guys

Avid: Yeah winning tournaments helps, I won my club, State, And Championship Qualifier, so I'm heading to the Junior World Bassmaster Championship; I think it should really help me get noticed by sponsors....hopefully.

thanks guys

BEN

Good luck to you young feller.  Sounds like your building a solid foundation for a future as a touring pro.

"Build it and they will come"

regards,

Avid