Sign in to follow this  
bubbler

just beginnig

O.K. here's the deal.

Im trying to get beter at bass fishing but havent acomplished much over the past 2 years.

I was wondering if you had any ideas of bass fishing classes that are close to or in southern california.

Im also teaching my Dad and brother as I go along.

Im in desperate need of help. Any feedback woyud be wonderful.

HELP!!!!!

next step would be the "seasonal pattern" articles.

Start with spring and pre-spawn stuff.

Is is just plain catching where you are struggling or are there certain presentations and baits that you just can't master?

Not sure what you mean by not having accomplished much in two years. What are you trying to accomplish?

It's important for someone starting out not to make bass fishing (or any kind of fishing, for that matter) overly complicated. Yes, read and absorb alll the fishing articles on this site, but you can drive yourself bonkers reading all the threads about subtle differences in lures, lines, rods, etc., on the forums. KEEP IT SIMPLE! You're in no rush, or shouldn't be. Remember to keep it fun. The goals, the big fish, will come with experience. Those big ones have a way of coming along when you least expect them.

Every time you catch a fish, think about where and why. That fish just taught you something about fishing. Every time you have a slow day, think about why. Was it your technique? Were the fish not in the locations you tried? Why? That's where the knowledge you get here comes into play. People here can help you figure it out what went right or what went wrong. But experience is always the best teacher.

And welcome to Bass Resource!

You might want to try to get a float tube or a kickboat if the lakes around you allow. They are a great way to learn how to fish slow and aren't very expensive compared to a boat.

Welcome Bubbler  

Pehaps a little more info on where you fish might be helpful. SoCal is a big place. Maybe some of the locals might have some info you could use.

Tom

I fish at lake casitas and Have seen some fish there and the biggest one ever cought there was 22

something pounds. I use soft plastic worms and always see fish at least a pound following them in.

But I can never get them. An suggestions.

If you can see them, they can see you. If you're fishing from shore step back a bit, Get into the shadows, See what happens.

When i started bass fishing i used worms exclusively with sporadic results and the more i slowed the retreive down and tried twitching the bait and short jerks, stuff like that, the more fish i caught.

Thanks yall !!!

Any suggestions as to what soft plastic rigs would be good for a slow retrieve or hopping retrieve.

Are there any other lures that can be used slowly and when to use them.

Any feedback would be very much appreacated. :):D:)

I am trying to get better at bass fishing too but, I have not accomplished much over thirty five years, LOL. Seriously, start reading all you can from pre-spawn to ice up. I think that Bass Resource has a wealth of info to offer and  the boys from the IN-FISHERMAN are excellent at the seasonal phases of fishing. Dig up some articles from them. Then get to know your equipment, rods, reels, line,hooks, etc, and learn the when and whys of it all. When to use a baitcaster or spinning reel, heavy line or light line. Become proficient with your rods and reels by practicing flipping and pitching, skipping docks with a spinning rod, deep water fishing, shallow water fishing. When learning different baits stay with one for a few weeks and nothing else for example, for two or three trips throw nothing but a spinnerbait, or crankbait,etc. You will not learn all of this over night. Listening to the old timers of this sport and time on the water is the best teacher of all. Good luck.